Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Possible Malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Possible Malware

Unread postby musicabonita » August 17th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much for this forum. I really appreciate it! :D

I don't know if I have malware or not but something is going on. Here is my story:

It seem like it started when I downloaded this software called Adblocker or something like that to my Google Chrome. It worked fine at first but then when I would watch a video my computer would just shut off without a warning so I deleted the software and that stopped happening...

But then I started getting a BSOD when I would watch videos on Youtube and other websites. I would get messages from Norton but I ignored bc I didn't know what they meant and after I got the messages, a few minutes later my computer would shutdown.

Finally I started paying attention to the messages from Norton. They tell me one of three things: I either have high disk write activity, high CPU usage or high memory usage. The disk write activity usage was over 5,000 MB for Firefox (It is usually for either firefox, adobe flash, or google chrome when I get these messages)

The thing that makes me wonder if I have malware besides these issues is that I can't update or uninstall Malware Bytes. I get an error message every time. I tried to uninstall using so method I saw on a forum and it said I had to disable Norton 360.

As soon as I disabled Norton 360 and tried to upload the software the forum suggested my computer shut down with no warning. Then when I tried to turn it back on and kept shutting down. It even shut down during start up repair.

I got the computer to start working again using the Restart using best configuration or something like that. But I still get the Norton messages about high usages.

I followed most of the steps on this website but I don't think it helped but I did save the logs:http://www.pchelpforum.com/threads/very-slow-computer.172028/#post-1122596. Please keep in mind that I couldn't follow the Malware Bytes step bc I can't get it to work. Nor did I do the TCP Optimizer step.

My computer has also been running really hot lately.

My Computer Info:
-Dell Inspiron N5040
- Windows 7 (64 bit I believe)
-4 GB of ram
-i3 processor

Thanks so much for reading this and for any help you can give!
musicabonita

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Possible Malware

Unread postby Gary R » August 18th, 2014, 1:40 am

By posting just a description of your problems it is likely that your topic will be passed by and you will not receive the help you're looking for.

We need to know what's running on your computer so that we can give you appropriate instructions.

May I draw your attention to THIS topic, which you should have read, and which tells you what we need you to post so that we can help you.

This thread will now be closed.

If you still need help, please start a new thread with:-
  • DDS logs (DDS.txt & Attach.txt)
  • Details of the problems you're experiencing.

If for any reason you can't run DDS, please let us know in your post.

Gary R
Administrator
Administrator