Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Browsers/Win Explorer stop responding

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Browsers/Win Explorer stop responding

Unread postby Gary R » March 22nd, 2014, 1:38 pm

Did FRST remove the 3 files I scripted it to remove ?

How is your computer behaving now ?
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby billflyer » March 22nd, 2014, 2:03 pm

I have no reason to believe FRST did not remove the files, but I don't know how to proove it. At this point, I don't even know what they were. If you can name them, I will do a search.

My computer seems to be fine now, although the problem was intermittant so it will take a little more time to be sure.
billflyer

Unread postby Gary R » March 22nd, 2014, 2:11 pm

FRST should have created a log fixlog.txt which will be found in the same folder/directory that you have Frst.exe in.

The files it should have removed were ...

C:\Program Files\Free FLV Converter\Helper.dll
C:\Users\Bill\Downloads\ccsetup404.exe
C:\Users\Bill\Downloads\disk-defrag-setup.exe
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby billflyer » March 22nd, 2014, 2:52 pm

I cannot find any of those files in fixlog.txt.

I have manually deleted the two .exe files in my \downloads folder.

Helper.dll still exists in the "Free FLV Converter" folder, along with all the other files for this program, which is still installed. I assume that deleting helper.dll will cause problems with running the program, but I'll be happy to delete it or completely un-install FLV Converter if that's your recommendation. I don't remember why I even got it.
billflyer

Unread postby Gary R » March 23rd, 2014, 2:14 am

Hold fire on the helper file.

There's a good chance that the 3 files were flagged because of a heuristic detection, rather than for any positive detection. If you're still using the Flash Video Converter program, then leave the helper file in place.

As far as I can see now, your computer looks clear of infection. "Play" with your computer for a couple of days to make sure that things are working the way you'd expect them to, and then if you're still problem free, follow the instructions below for removing the programs we've been using to clean your machine.

First ....

• Please download delfix and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on delfix.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • Check all the boxes then click on Run.
  • Once it has finished, a notepad file named DelFix.txt will open.
  • Check the log to ensure that all the tools we've used have been removed. If any have not been, then let me know.

Next ....

Please go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and Uninstall the following:

Tweaking.com Registry Backup

Finally ....

Please take the time to read ... Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online ... which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » March 28th, 2014, 2:02 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous