Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need help with malware removal

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Need help with malware removal

Unread postby Cypher » March 24th, 2014, 6:22 am

Hi,
I am curious why in the last log at the end does it say things like

Those are Event log errors, every computer will have a certain amount of them.
I don't think they are anything to worry about in your case.
also it said "Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!" do i need to update that??

FileHippo Update Checker can be used to check for then download the latest versions of the programs on your computer.
I use it myself, see the link below.
http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/
Overall i am pretty happy with its performance

As far as can tell your computer is clean of malware.
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.

Time for some housekeeping

Please download delfix and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click on delfix.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • Check the following boxes then click on Run.

• Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
  • All tools we used to clean your computer should be gone now.
  • You can now delete any tools/logs we used if they remain on your computer.

Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Safe surfing!
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby rebeccabroke » March 24th, 2014, 8:14 am

Okay thank you so much for helping me clean my computer it does work alot better now. I do however have a few questions.

My first question relates to the how to stay safe online thing.

"Do not attempt to close the pop-up windows by clicking on the X in the top right corner of the window as usual, since this may also activate the malware installation. Instead hit Ctrl+F4 to close your browser. If this does not work you may need to shut down Windows to kill the pop-up window."

I havent had one in a while but i kept getting videos that slide up in the lower right corner and it would interrupt whatever i was watching so i would click the x. Is it okay to click the x sometimes?? depending on the situation or something???

Second question is, is microsoft essential or whatever it is called a good anti virus program? Is there any way to remove it and use something like avast or something else?? I also use to have zone alarm and i liked it because it would ask me permission before everything and i felt safer. Is there any way you can help me to switch my protection from microsoft essentials to Avast or another good antivirus and get zone alarm fire wall??

Thank you for helping me with all of this stuff i appreciate it!!!!

Oh and another question, when i goto the file hippo thing ( i want to ask before i do all that ) will it be a simple click download or do i have to search for what correct ones to download that are compatible with my computer, or will it automatically know which ones to put on my computer???
rebeccabroke

Unread postby rebeccabroke » March 24th, 2014, 8:17 am

oh and on my desktop is frst64 and two text documents fixlog and frst and it wont let me delete them it says this is no longer locaed in c:\users\nathan\desktop. verify the items location and try again, but i can see them and it wont go away.
rebeccabroke

Unread postby Cypher » March 24th, 2014, 11:21 am

Hi,
Thank you for helping me with all of this stuff i appreciate it!!!!

My pleasure.
I havent had one in a while but i kept getting videos that slide up in the lower right corner and it would interrupt whatever i was watching so i would click the x. Is it okay to click the x sometimes?? depending on the situation or something???
I think the videos you were seeing were related to RealPlayer which you have installed.
It should be ok to just x those out.
Second question is, is microsoft essential or whatever it is called a good anti virus program? Is there any way to remove it and use something like avast or something else?? I also use to have zone alarm and i liked it because it would ask me permission before everything and i felt safer. Is there any way you can help me to switch my protection from microsoft essentials to Avast or another good antivirus and get zone alarm fire wall??
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good AV program, but if you don't want to use it just uninstall it.
The only other AV i would recommend is Avast, you can download it Here

Note: You should run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and results in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

zone alarm should run with either MSE or Avast, although the windows firewall is good enough to use without installing ZA.
Oh and another question, when i goto the file hippo thing ( i want to ask before i do all that ) will it be a simple click download or do i have to search for what correct ones to download that are compatible with my computer, or will it automatically know which ones to put on my computer???

Just click the "Download Now" button :)
oh and on my desktop is frst64 and two text documents fixlog and frst and it wont let me delete them it says this is no longer locaed in c:\users\nathan\desktop. verify the items location and try again, but i can see them and it wont go away.
Reboot your computer then try to delete them again.
Let me know how it goes.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby rebeccabroke » March 24th, 2014, 6:22 pm

everything is in order now they are off my desktop

"I think the videos you were seeing were related to RealPlayer which you have installed.
It should be ok to just x those out."

What is real player, do i need it?? is it ok to remove it
rebeccabroke

Unread postby Cypher » March 25th, 2014, 6:27 am

Hi,
What is real player, do i need it?? is it ok to remove it

It's a media player, it's used mainly for playing videos.
http://www.software-watcher.com/listing ... tAodbXsAQg

It's not something you need so if you don't use it you can uninstall it.
Any other questions?
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby rebeccabroke » March 25th, 2014, 10:24 am

no that is all thank u so much
rebeccabroke

Unread postby Cypher » March 25th, 2014, 10:43 am

rebeccabroke wrote:thank u so much

You're more than welcome, glad we could help :)
Good luck and stay safe.

As your malware problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.
We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received,
please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous