Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Blue screen at end of 'Starting Windows'

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Blue screen at end of 'Starting Windows'

Unread postby Gary R » March 11th, 2014, 2:19 am

OK, that looks all right, so it seems you're using the default Gina to log on (msgina).

So, best guess is that your problems are being caused by a faulting 3rd party driver, and these can be difficult to find.

First ....

Do you remember installing anything just prior to your BSOD problems starting, if you do, then uninstalling it may resolve the problem.

Next ....

Presuming that you don't remember, which is usually the case, then we have another possible way to discover which it is. This is not always successful, and does carry some risk, but it's the best I can suggest.

Please read the instructions in the following post .... http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup ... post581811 .... to run verifier.exe, then if/when your computer blue screens again, attach any new dump file that is created.

Warning this could cause your machine not to be able to boot into Safe Mode as well, so back up your personal files and folders before you perform it, and also create a System Restore point that we can restore to. If you don't know how to do that let me know and I'll post instructions.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby PokerFan » March 12th, 2014, 7:06 pm

The only thing I've installed recently that might cause it is an update to BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing). I tried to uninstall it but get a message that Windows Installer won't run in Safe Mode. (I had previously used Autoruns to disable every BOINC related autostarted process but that had no effect on the problem.)

Is there a way to create a restore point from Safe Mode?

I went ahead and ran Verifier. It caused a blue screen but never performed a memory dump. I had to power off, boot with a recovery CD, then delete the Verifier values in the registry to regain control.
PokerFan

Unread postby Gary R » March 13th, 2014, 2:15 am

I think at this point, that the quickest way to regain full control of your computer, is going to be for you to backup your personal files and folders, and then reformat your hard drive and re-install Windows.

Tracking down faulting 3rd party drivers can take an awful lot of time, and may not even be the whole cause of your problems. You could spend weeks looking for a repair solution, when a few hours repaving your system would give you a fully functioning machine again.

To be honest, we're also pretty much approaching the limit of my knowledge on blue screen problems anyway. My speciality is removing Malware, and as far as I can see there is currently no active Malware on your machine.

I can of course refer you to some other forums, where there are people more experienced than me in chasing down Blue Screen issues, and if that's what you'd like to do, then just let me know and I'll post you a few links.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby PokerFan » March 13th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Yes, I would like to check out those links.

Thanks for all your help.
PokerFan

Unread postby Gary R » March 14th, 2014, 1:14 am

You're welcome, sorry we didn't find the cause of your problem. :)

Below are a number of forums that offer blue screen support, the first is a specific forum for blue screen analysis, the others are "general help" forums for Windows 7 which include blue screen support, but the standard of help given at all of them is usually very good ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/79 ... windows-7/

... if anyone asks if your computer has been checked for Malware, please feel free to refer them to this topic.

Good luck in getting your problem resolved.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » March 17th, 2014, 1:50 am