The McAfee product you have installed is NOT an Antivirus product... it is another scanning tool used to determine the status of various things on your computer
From the McAfee site:
McAfee Security Scan Plus, and its predecessor McAfee Security Scan, are free diagnostic tools for your PC that allows you to simply and easily check your anti-virus software, firewall protection, and web security status on your computer. This tool runs as a compliment to any existing security software and does not negatively impact the performance of your computer.
It is a stand alone, on-demand scanner, meaning you run it whenever you want to check on your security software, firewall, etc... it DOES NOT offere any virus or malware protection and can be uninstalled if desired.
You have Windows Defender installed, this is your Antivirus software. It is essentially Microsoft Security Essentials, bundled with Windows Defender and installed with Windows 8. I would suggest leaving Windows Defender installed as your antivirus software.Keep your Firewall ON
You can keep MBAM Malwarebytes'Antimalware installed... it is a good on-demand scanner for a lot of various malware.
I'd like to get a final scan run, see if there is anything left behind. Please run the following steps. Step 1.Create a System Restore Point - W8
< STOP > If you did not successfully complete this step. < STOP > Do not continue with any other steps, post back and let me know! Step 2.Registry Backup (TCRB)
- Click the Start button , then right-click on Computer, then click Properties.
- In the left pane, click System protection. If UAC prompts, allow it.
- Click the System Protection tab... then click Create.
- In the System Protection dialog box, type a description... then click Create.
A Restore Point will be created and you should receive a message: "The restore point was created successfully."
- Click Close and exit.
You should have this installed... if so, please ignore the download and install instructions.
Please download tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe
... download and save it to your desktop.
Double click on the "...setup.exe" program and install the program. Let the install use the default installation. How to tutorial here
Once the program is installed...
- Double click the Tweaking.com Registry Backup icon ... on your Desktop to open the program.
- It should open with the Backup Registry tab selected and all file options checked. Check any that are not already checked.
- Click on Backup Now to create a backup of your Registry.
You'll see "Waiting for Volume Shadow Copy snapshot..." this may take a few moments, just be patient.
- When completed you should see a message saying something like ... Successful ??/?? Registry Files Backed Up ... ?? is total number of files, both numbers should match.
- Close and exit the program.
If you successfully created a TCRB backup of the registry, please continue...Step 3.Trend Micro™ HouseCall - scan.
Please download Trend Micro™ HouseCall Launcher-64bit
Copyright © 2013 Trend Micro Incorporated, save it to your desktop.
Step 4.Please include in your next reply:
- Click the HouseCall icon on your desktop.
Windows Vista + Win7/Win8 users Right-click on the icon and choose "Run As Administrator"... if prompted by UAC, allow it.
The latest program and definition files will be downloaded... see progress bar.
- Accept the license agreement terms... then Press the Next button.
- Press the Scan Now button.
HouseCall will start scanning your system. This takes a while, be patient... let it run.
Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- If infected...Save the scan results as a Text file ... save it to your desktop.
- Copy and paste the saved scan results file in your next reply.
- Any problem executing the instructions?
- SRP and TCRB backups created successfully?
- Trend Micro scan results
- How is the computer behaving?