Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Trojan ZeroAccess-FAT!CBB5F2DB64C0

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Trojan ZeroAccess-FAT!CBB5F2DB64C0

Unread postby jem66 » September 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm

I seem to have acquired 2 Trojans according to my McAfee security software, identified as ZeroAccess-FAT!CBB5F2DB64C0, & ZeroAccess-FAT!06ACC1F60B70.
They seem to prevent downloading of files and attachments including DDS from this site. It says that a virus has been detected and that it has been deleted. Also the Firewall often seems to be switched Off.
McAfee says that they can not be quarantined nor deleted and are located at C\Windows\assemblyGAC_64\Desktop.ini and
C\Windows\assemblyGAC_32\Desktop.ini
Help! :(
jem66

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Trojan ZeroAccess-FAT!CBB5F2DB64C0

Unread postby wannabeageek » September 27th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hi jem66,

As it appears that you cannot run DDS, use the following instructions for running OTL

OTL
Please download OTL ... by Old Timer . Save it to your Desktop.

1. Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  2. If you have a Vista or Windows 7/8 machine:
  3. Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  4. Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  5. Click the Standard Output checkbox.
  6. Click the Lop check checkbox.
  7. Click the Purity check checkbox.
  8. Check the Extra Registry block to make sure the "Use SafeList" button is highlighted.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  9. Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  10. When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
    • Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
  11. Please post the contents of both OTL.txt and Extras.txt files in your next reply.

Thank you
wbg
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby jem66 » September 28th, 2013, 10:31 am

Sorry but that won't work either. The problem is that I can no longer download files from anywhere; email attachments, files from web sites etc.. The McAfee security just tells me that the file contains a virus and has been deleted. Should I disable McAfee (is that even possible? and how?).
jem66

Unread postby wannabeageek » September 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Hi jem66,

Here is a link to a page that will help you disable McAfee.

• How to disable your security applications .
  • Scroll down to find your product. Approximately half way down the page. Pay attention to the McAfee product you have installed as the instructions vary.
  • Run OTL as I have instructed in the previous post.
  • Note: Don't forget to re-enable it after the scan.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby jem66 » September 30th, 2013, 4:56 am

I disabled the McAfee Firewall and the Real Time Scanner but still neither DDS nor OTL would download. Looks like a dead end? Any other suggestions? One development since the original problem is that McAfee now shows the Trojans as having been deleted. However, the residual problems of not being able to download files / attachments and the firewall being intermittently turned off persists.
jem66

Unread postby wannabeageek » September 30th, 2013, 12:31 pm

If you have a flash drive and access to another computer, you would be able to download OTL and DDS to the flash drive and then copy them to the affected computer. Then run the programs to obtain the necessary scans.

Then if you are actually using the infected computer you would be able to post the scan results. Otherwise you would have to copy the scan results back to the flash drive and then post them from the good computer.
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby jem66 » October 1st, 2013, 4:53 am

Good idea, however I've now got someone locally to clean the laptop (with difficulty) and I,m expecting to get it back tomorrow. Thanks anyway and good luck.
jem66
jem66

Unread postby Cypher » October 2nd, 2013, 9:43 am

As you no longer require help, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove