Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

PreLaunch.exe quarantined (Win32:Evo-gen)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: PreLaunch.exe quarantined (Win32:Evo-gen)

Unread postby rbd » September 29th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Hi nunped,

Thank you very mych for your help! :D
Luckily my problem was a false positive.

I run OTL to clean up, but Codechek and JRT are still on my desktop. I guess I can remove them manually?

Just two questions:
1) Regarding the cache that Firefox seems not to clean properly, as you explained:
would the Disk Cleanup utility (also described in the post you referred me to in your last post) delete the cache completely in the same way you did with OTL? I use this utility every month or so, so I was surprised by the large amount of MB that you removed from my cache. If Disk Cleanup does not quite do this properly, could I use OTL the way you have done? Or is there something else similar which can do the same job?

2) I have never had a false positive issue until this time. If it ever happens again and Avast quarantines a file and I see that any scans I run give no issues, can I still come back to this forum or should I go elsewhere?
I appreciate the help you guys give, so I wouldn't want to take your time as it seems there are people here with rather bigger issues, judging by the number of posts in other users' topics.

Thanks again.

rbd
rbd

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby nunped » September 29th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Hi rbd!

Thank you very mych for your help! :D

You are very welcome :)

1) Regarding the cache that Firefox seems not to clean properly, as you explained:
would the Disk Cleanup utility (also described in the post you referred me to in your last post) delete the cache completely in the same way you did with OTL? I use this utility every month or so, so I was surprised by the large amount of MB that you removed from my cache. If Disk Cleanup does not quite do this properly, could I use OTL the way you have done? Or is there something else similar which can do the same job?

I'll advise against using OTL unsupervised. It's quite a powerful tool. You can use TFC to clean all your temp files as OTL did:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/fi ... d=noscript

2) I have never had a false positive issue until this time. If it ever happens again and Avast quarantines a file and I see that any scans I run give no issues, can I still come back to this forum or should I go elsewhere?
I appreciate the help you guys give, so I wouldn't want to take your time as it seems there are people here with rather bigger issues, judging by the number of posts in other users' topics.

Avast has a contact form where you can submit files you think are false positives. I never used myself, but it's worth a try if you think you are in a similar situation:
http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

Any further questions? :)
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby rbd » September 30th, 2013, 4:38 am

Hi nunped,

Thanks for your responses.

1) I will use TLC, then.

2) I'll try and use that form, if I need, although I'm not sure how effective this would be. In Avast I can also submit quarantined files to the virus lab: I've done this in the past (and did it with this file too), but have never received any reply from the virus lab, even though I included my email address in the submission.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
rbd
rbd

Unread postby Wingman » October 1st, 2013, 4:42 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!