Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need Help! Unable to download any file(s) to computer...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Need Help! Unable to download any file(s) to computer...

Unread postby DirtDiver01 » August 30th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Hello,

I am needing help with my computer. I'm unsure of the exact cause of this problem; but I absolutely cannot download any filetypes to my hard drive or flashdrive(s). When I attempt to download .jpeg, .pdf, .gif , etc. I get this message "(insert file type) contained a virus and was deleted." I am unsure of what to do at this point and I need all the help I can get! I had McAfee Total Protection 1 PC 2013 installed and have since removed it as it was of no use with this problem. Please help!

* I attempted to download DDS and received the same message that "dds.scr contained a virus and was deleted."

Please help!
DirtDiver01

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Need Help! Unable to download any file(s) to computer...

Unread postby Gary R » September 2nd, 2013, 4:33 pm

Do you have access to another computer, which you can use to download tools onto a USB drive ?
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby DirtDiver01 » September 3rd, 2013, 11:00 pm

I do have access to another computer. I will attempt to download DDS tomorrow (09/04/13) and open/run it in my infected computer. I will reply with results whether successful or otherwise.

Thanks!
DirtDiver01

Unread postby Gary R » September 4th, 2013, 1:27 am

If you're unable to run DDS, please let me know which Operating System you are using (XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8).
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Cypher » September 12th, 2013, 11:38 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove