Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Milky White Screen/ Slow Starting Programs

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Milky White Screen/ Slow Starting Programs

Unread postby nunped » August 26th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Hi Greyhound,

now when I clicked on the IE8 shortcut the web fired right up just like it should and I didn't have to wait on the email link either, things are looking up.

Good news :)

I ran the ESET online scanner, no threats were found.

Good job! Your computer appears to be free from malware.

Now, some clean-up steps:

OTL-Cleanup
You should still have this on your desktop, if so, please ignore the download instructions.
Please download OTL Save it to your Desktop.
  1. Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.[/color][/b]
  2. Press the CleanUp button.
  3. When done, you will be prompted to reboot your system to finish file removal... please select OK to reboot your computer.
If you did not reboot your computer normally, please do so now, before continuing.

Update your Internet Explorer
You can find the latest version, here.

Create a System Restore Point
  1. Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
  2. In the left pane under Tasks, click System protection.
    If UAC prompts for an administrator password or approval, type the password or give your "permission to continue".
  3. Select System Protection and choose Create.
  4. In the System Restore dialog box, type a description for the restore point, like "All-clean", click Create.
    A window will pop up with "The Restore Point was created successfully" confirmation message.
  5. Click OK and close the System Restore dialog.
    Now you have a clean restore point.
Perform Disk Cleanup
Note: You have to have administrative rights to run Disk Cleanup for "All" users.
  1. Click Start button. Type disk in the Start Search text entry box.
  2. Double click the Disk Cleanup entry, from the matching program list.
  3. In the Disk Cleanup options select "Files from all users on this computer"
    If the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection dialog box appears:
    • Select the drive where Windows is installed. (Normally, this would be C:\ drive)
    • Press the "OK"...button.
    Disk Cleanup will begin space saving calculations.
  4. When the calculations are finished... Press the More Options tab.
  5. In the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section... select "Clean up" button.
  6. Press the "Delete"... button, at the "Are you sure..." prompt.
    Disk Cleanup will begin cleaning up old files and restore points.
  7. Exit Disk Cleanup.
    This will remove all restore points except the one you just created.

Don't forget to re-enable your security programs!

Stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.
Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online

If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.
What to do if your Computer is running slowly

Please reply to this post so I know you have read it. If you don't have any further questions this thread will be closed.

Safe surfing! ;)
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Greyhound » August 26th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Thank you very much nunped you did a great job. I will let you know how things are after I do the remaining tasks.

Regards,

Jack
Greyhound

Unread postby Greyhound » August 28th, 2013, 9:31 am

numped most everything seems to be running normal. I'm still having to wait on my email program (Outlook 2003) to download my messages and some program functions don't respond or are slow to but I'm not sure those aren't computer related. Other than that it's much better. I would like to know if you have any suggestions on malware programs they all claim to be the best do you favor one over the other?

Thanks again,

Jack
Greyhound

Unread postby nunped » August 28th, 2013, 11:43 am

Hi Jack,

You can check the article What to do if your Computer is running slowly that I posted early and if you still are experiencing any issues you can start a thread on some tech forums like:
Tech Support Guy
What the Tech
Geeks2Go

Some free programs that can improve your computer security:
Malwarebytes Anti-malware
This is a great anti-malware application that can remove a good percentage of infections. You should run a scan with it at least once week, after you download the latest updates.
You can find information and Download it from HERE

SiteAdvisor
SiteAdvisor is a toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox which alerts you if you're about to enter a potentially dangerous website.
You can find more information and download it from Here

WinPatrol
As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
For more information, please visit HERE

Glad to have helped :)

Safe surfing.
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby Cypher » August 28th, 2013, 11:54 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous