Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Firefox Google Searches Are Being Censored

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Firefox Google Searches Are Being Censored

Unread postby wannabeageek » July 12th, 2013, 10:06 am

Hi bonnie,

Resetting system restore is included in the instructions listed below but not in the fashion you mentioned. The method you posted could leave you with no restore point which would be all bad if by some weird chance your computer crashes during the reboot.

Your latest set of logs appear to be clean!

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Clean up with OTL
  • Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Remove all used tools not removed by OTL if they remain on your desktop.
  • dds.scr/dds.com
  • MGADiag.exe
  • CKScanner.exe
  • SecurityCheck.exe
  • JRT.exe
  • adwcleaner.exe
  • SystemLook.exe
  • FRST64.exe
  • TDSSKiller.exe

Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
  • Press Start >> Rt Mouse Click on Computer >> Select Properties >>In the left column select System Protection
  • In the bottom Rt hand corner Select Create, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
  • Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
  • Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
  • Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  • Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
  • Press OK and Yes to confirm

Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties > Automatic Updates tab or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.

Here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety

Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First Place

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing and stay clean!
wannabeageek
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby bonnie » July 12th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Hello again wgb,

First let me thank you much for thoroughly checking my computer over for malware and programs that were giving me so much grief. I know you have to have a great deal of patience to do something like this, and I'm glad you have it to let me and others out when we run into problems like this.

I did go through your last page completely and did install MVPS Hosts file as well as WinPatrol (although, I'm not 100% sure I understand this last one). I also read through the Klein article.

Your instructions again were great, although I had a small glitch when trying to clean up old System Restore files. In order to find More Options tab under System Restore and Cleanup, I had to open Computer, right-click on the "C" Drive and select Properties.

Wbg, thank you so much again, and I hope I wasn't a great bother to you. Don't know what I'd do without the help of all of you at MR.

-Bonnie
bonnie

Unread postby deltalima » July 13th, 2013, 10:07 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Previous