Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

External WD HD infected with Win32:Kryptik.LQL

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: External WD HD infected with Win32:Kryptik.LQL

Unread postby deltalima » May 28th, 2013, 4:40 am

Hi ssmad,

Run OTL Script

• Double-click OTL.exe (Right click and choose "Run as administrator" in Vista/Win7).
  • Copy and Paste the following code into the Image textbox. Do not include the word Code
    Code: Select all
    :Commands
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]

:files
    D:\Software\duplicate-file-finder-setup.exe
    D:\Software\Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.1 Multilanguage [ChingLiu]\patch-MPT\adobe.acrobat.xi.pro.patch-MPT.exe
    D:\Software\Drivers\Gigabyte\Other\Marvell\MSU\MSUSetup.exe
    D:\Software\Windows Oct 5 2012\utorrent.exe
    D:\Software\Windows Oct 5 2012\EASEUS.Partition.Master.v6.0.1.Professional.Edition.Retail-rG\EASEUS.Partition.Master.v6.0.1.Professional.Edition.Retail-rG\rgepm6pi\rg-setup\setup.exe

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Click Image.
  • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.

Now that you are clean, please follow these steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure.

Remove GMER

Delete the GMER icon from your desktop.

Clear restore points

• Double-click OTL.exe (Right click and choose "Run as administrator" in Vista/Win7).
  • Copy and Paste the following code into the Image textbox. Do not include the word Code
    Code: Select all
    :commands
    [clearallrestorepoints] 

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Click Image.
  • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.

Clean up with OTL

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program. This will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties > Automatic Updates tab or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.

Happy surfing and stay clean!
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ssmad » May 28th, 2013, 4:48 am

Thanx a bunch once again deltalima! really really appreciate all your help.....

Is it possible for you to suggest any antivirus or maleware protection I can install on my portable Hdd itself so if I need to plug it in to computers other then my own I can be relatively more secure?
ssmad

Unread postby deltalima » May 28th, 2013, 4:57 am

Is it possible for you to suggest any antivirus or maleware protection I can install on my portable Hdd itself

Not really, for antivirus software to protect it needs to be running on the host computer. All I can recommend is that you check that antivirus software is installed and updated on any computer before you connect the external disk. If not then don't connect the disk.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby ssmad » May 28th, 2013, 5:30 am

Alright, everything done all clean.

Thanx for everything deltalima!
ssmad

Unread postby deltalima » May 28th, 2013, 5:33 am

You're welcome!
deltalima