I apologize for the late reply as the Air Conditioning broke at our house and it is rather uncomfortable at the moment. So much for bad news.
Good news is your machine appears to be clean.
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
Clean up with OTL
- Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Remove all used tools not removed by OTL if they remain on your desktop.
Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
- Press Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >>System Tools >> System Restore
- Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
- Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
- Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
- Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
- Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
- Press OK and Yes to confirm
Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check
Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties > Automatic Updates tab or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.
Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Here is an additional utility that will enhance your safety
- Winpatrol <= Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located here:
Using Winpatrol to protect your computer from malicious software
Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First Place
I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
Happy surfing and stay clean!