Your latest set of logs appear
to be clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:Clean up with OTL
Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
- Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
- Press Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >>System Tools >> System Restore
- Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close
- Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
- Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
- Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
- Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
- Press OK and Yes to confirm
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckSecurity Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start
> right-click on My Computer
> Automatic Updates
tab or visit the Microsoft Update site
on a regular basis.Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. Tutorial on installing & using this product can be found below:Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Setup GuideMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware Scanning GuideUpdate all these programs regularly
- Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety
Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First PlaceI would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.Happy surfing and stay clean!