Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Adware.gen

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Adware.gen

Unread postby confused63 » January 28th, 2013, 9:40 am

Hi pgmigg,

I'm going to follow your instructions, just to let you know that I found Java.FX 2.1.1 that could have been the Java that has wanted to update for a while, I clicked on it when you said that you wanted me to update my Java, but changed my mind since I thought maybe it was a dodgy one, and didn't install it... so I am just going to un-install it and install the one you suggested instead.

:)
confused63

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby confused63 » January 28th, 2013, 10:29 am

Hi pgmigg,

Some files weren't moved when I did the OTL not sure if this is a problem so I paste the log here

All processes killed
========== COMMANDS ==========

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Default User

User: Guest

User: Paglam
->Temp folder emptied: 126519788 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 721661 bytes
->Java cache emptied: 0 bytes
->Google Chrome cache emptied: 46430703 bytes

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 (64bit) .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 1824 bytes
%systemroot%\sysnative\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 32970656 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 197.00 mb

File move failed. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts scheduled to be moved on reboot.
Error: Unble to create default HOSTS file!
Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 01282013_140221

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...
C:\Users\Paglam\AppData\Local\Temp\FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt moved successfully.
File move failed. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts scheduled to be moved on reboot.

PendingFileRenameOperations files...

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...
confused63

Unread postby pgmigg » January 28th, 2013, 11:24 am

Hello confused63,
I'm going to follow your instructions, just to let you know that I found Java.FX 2.1.1 that could have been the Java that has wanted to update for a while, I clicked on it when you said that you wanted me to update my Java, but changed my mind since I thought maybe it was a dodgy one, and didn't install it... so I am just going to un-install it and install the one you suggested instead.
Yes, I saw the JavaFX 2.1.1 in the list of installed software on your machine. It is a software development platform for creating and delivering rich internet applications (RIAs) that can run across a wide variety of devices and used usually for programming purposes. You have previous version of Java FX and update it or not depend on you only. You Java FX is not needed for you and you think that it was installed by mistake, please uninstall it...
The Java SE (JRE) 7v11 which I asked you to install is Java Run-time Environment to support existing Java applications and should be up to date always - otherwise you can miss important security fixes.
Some files weren't moved when I did the OTL not sure if this is a problem so I paste the log here
The Step 3 OTL-Cleanup deleted most files unnecessary anymore...

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg

Failure to post replies within 72 hours will result in this thread being closed
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby confused63 » January 28th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hi pgmigg,

Thank you for all your help! I'm very pleased.

Could you let me know, HOW can I stop getting these Adware.gen? is it possible to avoid them. I have tried to follow all the advice you give me, but I still get them...

Also when I bought the full version of Avira Antivirus, and now that it is updated to the latest version, it says it is not compatible with my Full version of mbam.... is this so? Do I have to uninstal one of them? If so which one is the best one to keep?

Also my internet banking always wants me to install the Rapport internet security programme, but that was incompatible with Avira as well....
Do you have any suggestions about this?

Also with my Avira Antivirus, sometimes it doesn't let me view the web pages I want to go to, is there a way to get passed that? Or do I have to go somewhere else to ask these questions....?

I will have a look at the 'how to keep safe' and see if there is anything new there since last I checked.

Is it OK to keep popping in here to get help even if you keep getting the same thing over and over again?? I'm not doing it on purpose just don't know how it happens...

Many thanks for your help!!
confused63
confused63

Unread postby pgmigg » January 28th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Hello confused63,
Could you let me know, HOW can I stop getting these Adware.gen? is it possible to avoid them. I have tried to follow all the advice you give me, but I still get them...
Ups! :(
Sorry but I was sure that this annoying Adware.gen was disappeared. I will be back soon with the new set of instructions...

Thanks,
pgmigg

pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby confused63 » January 28th, 2013, 12:54 pm

NO NO,

It has disappeared!! Sorry, I just meant I have had it before, and it came back, and this time it is gone again, but I am just asking for future reference..

Sorry for the confusion... :)
confused63

Unread postby pgmigg » January 28th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Hello confused63,
It has disappeared!! Sorry, I just meant I have had it before, and it came back, and this time it is gone again, but I am just asking for future reference...
Much better! :D
There is no guarantee at all. The best suggestion to keep your computer safe I gave you already - I mean This link to find a short guide to staying safer online.
Probably I can add here that when you try to install or update some application, please be very careful to any check marks already set in prompts - uncheck them and prove your decision for any kind of additional application (especially Toolbars) which major application would like to install.
Get what you need exactly and avoid any third party stuff!
Also when I bought the full version of Avira Antivirus, and now that it is updated to the latest version, it says it is not compatible with my Full version of mbam.... is this so? Do I have to uninstal one of them? If so which one is the best one to keep?
Actually one computer should't have repeatable defense application - one antivirus, one firewall, etc.
If you have full version of Avira you have 'All-in-one' and don't need anything else. Running - more than one - antivirus program is not recommended because:
  1. They can conflict with each other.
  2. Report the other antivirus software as malicious.
  3. Antivirus programs use an enormous amount of computer's resources... actively scanning your computer.
  4. Can cause your computer to run slowly, become unstable and crash.
Also my internet banking always wants me to install the Rapport internet security programme, but that was incompatible with Avira as well....
Do you have any suggestions about this?
I guess you need to discuss it with Avira support team.
Also with my Avira Antivirus, sometimes it doesn't let me view the web pages I want to go to, is there a way to get passed that? Or do I have to go somewhere else to ask these questions....?
I guess there is possibility to adjust setting to allow properly filtrate webpages - you can ask Avira team too.
Is it OK to keep popping in here to get help even if you keep getting the same thing over and over again?? I'm not doing it on purpose just don't know how it happens...
You are welcome, confused63, :) anytime with any problems related to any kind of infection...

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg

pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby confused63 » January 29th, 2013, 5:55 am

Hi pgmigg,

Thank you again for your info.

I have just uninstalled mbam. I did install all these programmes following the guidelines when I last time got adware.gen.
But the mbam wasn't a full version and did go well together with Avira (Avira wasn't a full version then either. I got some money a while back and decided to upgrade my Virus programmes therefore I have the full editions of both.) I thought I was good to buy the full version !! HAHAHA anyway, there you go when you don't know what you are doing. Also I have WinPatrol shall I uninstal it as well?

I hope that Avira is up to doing all the safeguarding by itself :)

I will probably pop into a Avira form to ask some questions about the programme.

Please let me know if I should uninstal WinPatrol as well (the barking dog ;) )

Hopefully I don't need to come back here for a while again.

Many Thanks
confused63
confused63

Unread postby pgmigg » January 29th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Hello confused63,
Also I have WinPatrol shall I uninstal it as well?
Please let me know if I should uninstal WinPatrol as well (the barking dog ;) )
NO,NO! ;) The WinPatrol is very usefull security utility - please keep it! All information about it you can fined under WinPatrol link.

Thanks,
pgmigg

pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby confused63 » January 29th, 2013, 5:54 pm

OK I will keep it, thank you again, you have been very helpful, much appreciated!!

confused63
:)
confused63

Unread postby deltalima » January 29th, 2013, 6:40 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous