Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bad Image notification occurring after explorer fix

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Bad Image notification occurring after explorer fix

Unread postby nunped » January 20th, 2013, 7:30 am

Hi OceanBlue1213,

Now...
Upload File/Files for testing

Please go to Virustotal or jotti.org

Copy/paste this file and path into the white box at the top:
D:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ArcBmh.dll

Press Submit - this will submit the file for testing.
Please wait for all the scanners to finish then copy and paste the permalink (web address) in your next response.
Example of web address :
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby OceanBlue1213 » January 20th, 2013, 10:50 am

Thanks nunped,

They didn't seem to find anything.

VT: https://www.virustotal.com/file/4dfdf66 ... /analysis/

jotti: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresul ... 444254aa7a

Thanks much. -OceanBlue1213
OceanBlue1213

Unread postby nunped » January 21st, 2013, 1:02 pm

Hi OceanBlue1213,

The problems you are still experiencing are not coming from malware as all of your latest logs appear to be clean.
As this is a dedicated Malware Removal site I think those issues are best left to experts elsewhere..
Here are some excellent Tech sites (in no particular order) that may be able to help with these problems:

If the helper at the forum you chose mentions malware, feel free to link them to this topic.
So as I said above your logs are clean, I hope you can resolve your other problem with the links that I provided.

I leave with some clean-up steps and some advice.

OTL-Cleanup
You should still have this on your desktop, if so, please ignore the download instructions.
Please download OTL Save it to your Desktop.

• Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  • Press the CleanUp button.
  • When done, you will be prompted to reboot your system to finish file removal... please select OK to reboot your computer.

If you did not reboot your computer normally, please do so now, before continuing.

Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly. This is one good way to avoid new threats. The following websites can be used to check if you need any update.
Secunia Personal Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check
FileHippo.com Update Checker - © Copyright FileHippo.com

Some free programs that can improve your computer security:
Malwarebytes Anti-malware
This is a great anti-malware application that can remove a good percentage of infections. You should run a scan with it at least once week, after you download the latest updates.
You can find information and Download it from HERE

SiteAdvisor
SiteAdvisor is a toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox which alerts you if you're about to enter a potentially dangerous website.
You can find more information and download it from Here

WinPatrol
As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
For more information, please visit HERE

Stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming infected, please read.
Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online

Please reply to this post so I know you have read it. If you don't have any further questions this thread will be closed.

Safe surfing! ;)
nunped
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby OceanBlue1213 » January 21st, 2013, 3:00 pm

Thanks nunped.

I'll try and see if one of the people at Tech Support Forums can help out with this, if it's not seemingly malware related. Thank you for your look into my logs and your advice - even though it doesn't seem to be a malware issue, thank you and I wish you the best as you continue your studies to help fight malware. We need more people like yourself willing to step up to the task - keep at it :) :salute:

Best,
OceanBlue1213
OceanBlue1213

Unread postby Cypher » January 22nd, 2013, 5:56 am

As your problems do not appear to be malware related, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous