Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Searchnu.com/421

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Searchnu.com/421

Unread postby askey127 » November 27th, 2012, 7:28 pm

BrianE,
Were you able to Uninstall all those programs, from the instruction, showing in the list?
Tell me how it's running now.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby BrianE » November 28th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Hi askey127,

I did manage to uninstall the programmes. Generally speaking the computer is running fine but I still can't get Internet Explorer to open very quickly at all. It loads my home page to a certain degree but then just hangs for ages before I can click on anything else. My DVD drives also won't recognise some games software and go to autoplay. It seems to think they are CD's and asks me if I want to burn anything to them.

All very strange really.
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 28th, 2012, 3:51 pm

BrianE,
Did you have SpywareBlaster on that machine at one time?
Your log shows more than 50 domains in the registry.
If so, they are likely still there because SpywareBlaster was uninstalled without removing all the settings.
I would re-install SpywareBlaster Home, then Uninstall it and tell it to remove all the settings.
http://www.brightfort.com/
Let me know how you get on with it.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BrianE » November 28th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Hi askey127,

I don't specifically remember SpywareBlaster but I have tried various ones in the past so I might have done. Anyway, I have just installed it and then uninstalled it and all its components.

I have re-booted my machine for good measure and have tried to open Internet Explorer and it's just not loading. I am responding to you via Firefox which always opens up really quickly.

I have a feeling that the disc drive problem may be done to SecureRom. It seems to be affecting two specific games discs which are protected by SecureRom so I have down a diagnostic download and sent it to them to have a look at.

Still can't figure out my internet explorer just won't work though.
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 28th, 2012, 7:34 pm

The digital rights programs cause all kinds of problems, in the interest of protecting themselves.

You can restore your Internet Explorer to its initial settings by opening IE, clicking Tools on the menu bar > Internet Options > Advanced tab > and click Reset for settings.
I would start there.

Edited by askey
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BrianE » November 29th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Hi askey127,

I've re-set IE but still no change.

Has everything we've done completely cleaned my system of any nasties?
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 29th, 2012, 6:28 pm

BrianE,
If you would like to run one more scan with OTL, and post OTL.txt, I would be glad to remove ALL the search and redirect items I can see from the installation.
If you would like to accept it as is , that's certainly OK as well.
Let me know.
I do not think you have any more direct malware on your machine, but you may have some undesirable search specifications, etc.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BrianE » November 29th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Hi askey127,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by search and redirect items. What are they and what is an undesirable search specification?

I'm not really up on all things computer!
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm

BrianE,
Internet Explorer and Firefox and others have search specifications they use to determine what you see when you click on a Search site (Google, Bing, etc.).
These are typically altered by items installed in the past by you or by malware.
In themselves they are not necessarily dangerous, but they can restrict which search items you see, and are usually for the benefit of the purveyors, not you.

I can remove all the settings, so that no preferences or toolbars are installed.
You then will have a near-original empty installation for searches and browser "helpers".

All your "toolbars" would be gone.
It's not very risky, but it puts your browsers back to "empty"..

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BrianE » November 30th, 2012, 5:56 am

Hi askey127,

It's ok I think I'll leave that as it is. Firefox works fine so I'll use that.

One other thing. If I were to back up all my data and pictures etc and then do a complete re-install of the operating system wouuld that set my computer back to it's original state and clear up any problems.

The main thing now is my disc drives which just won't read games software. Autoplay always thinks they are picture or video dvd's and wants me to either import from them or download to them.

Brian
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 30th, 2012, 8:30 am

I can't tell whether the "free CD burner" was responsible for the changes.
If your Roxio CD Creator is version 5.02d or earlier, it may have corrupted the Autoplay of your CD drive.
That program is buggy and has been known to cause this kind of problem.
Microsoft recommends Uninstalling it as a possible solution to Autoplay problems.

You may be able to change the Autoplay settings yourself.
Microsoft has an instruction here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... y-settings

You also have a couple other programs (Punkbuster and Rapport) that are rather self serving and have been known to cause strange behavior.
Those programs are concerned about their own function and do not necessarily have great respect for the rest of your machine.

You can always back up all your data and re-install Windows.
If you do that, you then need to immediately connect to Windows Updates at Microsoft to download all updates, and install an Antivirus program (one only). All this before any surfing.
In this tutorial about Remote Access Infections (you DO NOT seem to have one of those), it does give a guide to re-installing Windows.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60204&start=0
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby BrianE » November 30th, 2012, 8:45 am

Hi askey127,

I'll keep playing around with autoplay for a bit.

Thanks for all your help.

Kind Regards

Brian
BrianE

Unread postby askey127 » November 30th, 2012, 9:56 am