... your computer now appears
to be malware free!
There is a driver for McAfee that can not start and this could well be cause for the problem with the program.
This is the line that shows this: (McAfee, Inc.) ["Start" not found. | Unknown] -- C:\Windows\SysNative\mfevtps.exe -- (mfevtp)
Whithout this neither Real Time Scanning or the Firewall will run.
Your best option is probably to contact McAfee for help but if this does not work then try one of these sites for help that is not related to malware.
Refere to this topic if you do so. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60771&start=0
Let's perform some housekeeping and cleanup some of the tools we used.
Please download OTC.exe
... by OldTimer
. Save it to your desktop.
- Right click on OTC.exe and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on Allow, then click on CleanUp!.
- Click "Yes" to the Begin cleanup process? prompt.
- Click "Yes" ... when prompted to reboot the computer to remove files.
Your computer should restart automatically. If it doesn't, please do so manually.Create a System Restore Point - W7
- Go to Start > Control Panel... click the System icon in the Control Panel.
- In the left pane click on System Protection.
- When the Dialog comes up, click on theSystem protection tab.
- Check that the drive letter where Windows is located (usually C:) indicates System protection ON.
(This indicates System restore is turned ON for the Windows drive).
- Click the Create button to create a new restore point. In the Name dialog, type a descriptive name... then click Create.
- You will get a message that the Restore Point was created successfully. Click Close.
- Click OK and close the System window in the Control Panel.
< STOP > If you did not successfully complete this step. < STOP > Do not continue with any other steps, post back and let me know!
Please follow these simple guidelines in order to help keep your computer more secure: Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly. Secunia Personal Software Inspector
- Copyright © Secunia. FileHippo.com Update Checker
- © Copyright FileHippo.comF-secure Health Check
- Copyright © F-Secure Corporation.Visit Microsoft often.
Keep on top of critical updates , as well as other updates for your computer. Using Windows Update in Windows 7What is Windows Update? Microsoft Update Home Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
You have this installed already, run scans weekly (at least)... make sure you check for updates before running scans.
Download it from Malewarebytes © Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing
, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.WinPatrol
Download it from Copyright © BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection) Read, stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read. Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.What to do if your Computer is running slowly Please let me know that you completed the cleanup steps, the create/purge System Restore point steps and reviewed the rest of the post.
Once I receive your reply, unless there are other malware questions or concerns, I will have this topic closed as resolved.