Congratulations your PC is now feee from infection Follow the below steps to remove vulnerable programs and tighten your systems security.Remove Out of date Programs
- The following programs installed on your PC are out of date and represent a significant risk of re-infection.
Java(TM) 6 Update 32
- Click on start
- Then Run
- In the open text entry box please copy/paste appwiz.cpl Then click enter.
- Press the "Remove" or "Change/Remove"...button to uninstall the programs listed above (in red).
- Take care when answering any questions posed by an uninstaller. Some questions may be worded to deceive you into keeping the program.
You can get the latest version of Java here http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jspClear infected restore points with OTLWe need to run an OTL Fix
Clean up with OTL
- Double click OTL.exe to start the program.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word Code
- Code: Select all
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
- Click .
- OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- Double click OTL.exe to start the program. This will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Here are some programs I would reccomend instead of AVG. Install one
of these and then uninstall AVGAdditional Security Tips. Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly. Secunia Personal Software Inspector
- Copyright © Secunia. This app will monitor programs on your computer for known vulnerabilities. You can set it to auto-update for you, or just prompt you if an update is available. I highly recommend it.F-secure Health Check
- Copyright © F-Secure Corporation. F-Secure Health Check is a free application that tells you if your computer is protected and helps you fix possible security issues. Visit Microsoft often
Keep on top of critical updates, as well as other updates for your computer. How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XPUsing Windows Update for Windows XP Microsoft Update Home Read, stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read. Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer onlinePlease let me know that you completed the cleanup steps, and reviewed the rest of the post. Once I receive your reply, unless there are other malware questions or concerns, I will have this topic closed as resolved.