Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

view.atdmt virus. IE9 back button doesn't work at times!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: view.atdmt virus. IE9 back button doesn't work at times!

Unread postby melboy » July 9th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Hi cappi

One final check, just to be sure.

aswMBR

Download aswMBR and save it to your Desktop.

• Right click aswMBR.exe & choose "Run as Administrator" to run it.
  • Click Yes to the prompt to download Avast! virus definitions.
    (Please be patient whilst the virus definitions download)
  • With the AVscan set to Quick Scan, click the Scan button.
    (Please be patient whilst your computer is scanned.)
  • When the scan reports "Scan finished successfully", click Save log & save the log to your desktop.
  • Click OK
  • Two files will be created, aswMBR.txt & a file named MBR.dat
  • Save MBR.dat to to a form of removable media. (CD, DVD, USB flash drive etc) - This is a backup of your MBR. Do not delete this file.
  • NOTE: Do not click to fix anything at this stage!
  • Click EXIT.
  • Copy & Paste the contents of aswMBR.txt into your next reply.
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby cappi » July 10th, 2012, 12:40 am

aswMBR version 0.9.9.1665 Copyright(c) 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2012-07-09 23:03:42
-----------------------------
23:03:42.280 OS Version: Windows x64 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
23:03:42.280 Number of processors: 2 586 0x602
23:03:42.281 ComputerName: LUCY-PC UserName: lucy
23:03:43.715 Initialize success
23:07:06.298 AVAST engine defs: 12070901
23:10:52.176 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\0000005c
23:10:52.179 Disk 0 Vendor: Hitachi_ PB4O Size: 476940MB BusType: 11
23:10:52.210 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
23:10:52.213 Disk 0 MBR scan
23:10:52.218 Disk 0 Windows VISTA default MBR code
23:10:52.227 Disk 0 Partition 1 00 27 Hidden NTFS WinRE NTFS 12000 MB offset 2048
23:10:52.249 Disk 0 Partition 2 80 (A) 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 100 MB offset 24578048
23:10:52.264 Disk 0 Partition 3 00 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 464838 MB offset 24782848
23:10:52.286 Disk 0 scanning C:\Windows\system32\drivers
23:11:05.322 Service scanning
23:11:36.825 Modules scanning
23:11:36.826 Disk 0 trace - called modules:
23:11:36.851 ntoskrnl.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys amdxata.sys ACPI.sys storport.sys hal.dll amdsata.sys
23:11:36.854 1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0xfffffa80048f0060]
23:11:36.854 3 CLASSPNP.SYS[fffff8800194e43f] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xfffffa80045d7970]
23:11:36.855 5 amdxata.sys[fffff880010ac8b9] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xfffffa80045d7040]
23:11:36.855 7 ACPI.sys[fffff88000ec67a1] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\0000005c[0xfffffa80045d37e0]
23:11:38.190 AVAST engine scan C:\Windows
23:11:41.502 AVAST engine scan C:\Windows\system32
23:15:08.254 AVAST engine scan C:\Windows\system32\drivers
23:15:22.403 AVAST engine scan C:\Users\lucy
23:20:49.390 AVAST engine scan C:\ProgramData
23:22:52.018 Scan finished successfully
23:25:09.375 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\lucy\Desktop\MBR.dat"
23:25:09.382 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\lucy\Desktop\aswMBR.txt"
cappi

Unread postby melboy » July 10th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Your log now appears to be clean. Congratulations!
This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware ;) - Please let me know if you still are having problems with your computer and what these problems are.

OTC by OldTimer

Download OTC by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.

• Right-click OTC.exe & choose "Run as Administrator"
  • Click the CleanUp! button
  • Select Yes when the Begin cleanup Process? Prompt appears
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself

==============================

General Security and Computer Health
Below are some steps to follow in order to dramatically lower the chances of reinfection. You may have already implemented some of the steps below, however you should follow any steps that you have not already implemented.

Protection Programs
Don't forget to re-enable any protection programs we disabled during your fix.

Enable UAC

The User Account Control (UAC) helps protect your PC against malicious software. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... nt-control

1. Click on Start > Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
  3. Move the slider to choose when you want to be notified (I recommend at least the Default level).
  4. Click OK.

• Make sure that you keep your antivirus updated
    New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.
    Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.
  • Security Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
    Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Manually check for Windows updates via Start > All Programs > Windows Update > In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC, or visit the Microsoft Update site on a regular basis.
    Note: The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use internet explorer for it and allow the ActiveX control to install.
  • Update Non-Microsoft Programs
    Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities. To check whether other programs running on your PC are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Software Inspector - I suggest that you run it at least once a month.

Recommended Programs

I would recommend the download and installation of some or all of the following programs (if not already present), and the updating of them on a regular basis.

• WinPatrol
      As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. For more information, please visit HERE.
    • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      As you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on board I would keep it regularly updated and run regular quick scans with it. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is an anti-malware application that can thoroughly remove even the most advanced malware. The Full version can be used as an addition to an anti-virus & includes a number of features, including a built in protection monitor that blocks malicious processes before they even start.
      It's IP Protection provides an additional layer of security for your computer, by preventing access to known malicious IP addresses and IP ranges.
      You can now trial the full versions features within the program. Click the Protection Tab to see.

Finally I am trying to make one point very clear. It is absolutely essential to keep all of your programs & security programs up to date.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing and stay clean!
melboy
MRU Expert
MRU Expert

Unread postby cappi » July 11th, 2012, 1:02 am

Thank you Melboy for helping the whole time! I guess I would have to live with view.admt and google.g.leads. I'm not as paranoid as I was before, after you clearly explained that the host files are blocking them! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK!
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :P :P :P :P :compress: :compress: :compress: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:
cappi

Unread postby deltalima » July 11th, 2012, 2:39 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous