Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help with iLividSetupV1 removal cleanly and safely

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Help with iLividSetupV1 removal cleanly and safely

Unread postby Blade81 » July 5th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Hi,

Is it okay to not update IE or Firefox, since I do not use IE anymore and I don't intend to upgrade FF to above 6, since last time I upgrade to FF7 it has error? Currently I only use Chrome.
This is commmon asked question regarding IE. Windows is actually using IE components too and that's one reason why IE should be kept up-to-date too whether it's used or not. If Firefox isn't used then I recommend to uninstall it.
Also, I noticed that my Norton Internet Security has been blocking OTL.exe saying that it has medium threat. I think Norton has in fact deleted OTL.exe from desktop once and I had to download a new OTL, should I be concern about this?

That's false positive and should be ignored.

Other medium threat levels identified by NIS are:C:\Windows\System32\SVCHOST.EXE , C:\Windows\System32\SERVICES.EXE , MBAM.EXE, GOOGLEUPDATE.EXE. Should I be worried about it?

I don't know Norton software myself but I suspect those are just info messages and not actually infections. Logs looked ok and unless there're any symptoms present I wouldn't worry.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Deeply_confused » July 9th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Hi Blade,

Thank you very much for your answers. I understand much better about IE and updating Windows and about Norton. I really do appreciated your help. Thanks to you my computer is running much faster now and no stalling during shutting down anymore. I understand more about the updating process now and the software you recommend (PSI) works great. Can't thank you enough.
Best wishes for you.
Deeply_confused

Unread postby Blade81 » July 10th, 2012, 6:56 am

As the issue has been resolved this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Previous