Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Browser rnning slow and redirecting

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Browser rnning slow and redirecting

Unread postby Chrisg2441 » June 29th, 2012, 10:35 am

Done, all back to its out off box state, many thanks for your help in trying to remove the malware (virus) all the best buddy
Chrisg2441

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby torreattack » June 29th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Hi Chrisg2441:

Here are some of my recommendations in order to help keep your computer more secure:

Create a new, clean System Restore point
  • Click the Windows "Start" button, and then right-click on the "Computer" icon and select "Properties." If you do not see this option, right-click the "Computer" icon on your desktop instead.
  • In the left pane, click System Protection > Create.
  • Give this restore point a descriptive name and click Create.
  • Click close.

Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Set Windows Update to Automatic Updates
  • Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
  • In the left pane, click Change settings.
  • Under Important updates, choose Install Updates Automatically(recommended).
  • Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK.
note: Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
You have this installed already, run scans weekly (at least)... make sure you check for updates before running scans.
Download it from Malewarebytes Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing and running, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.

WinPatrol
Do not install if you have installed Spybot Search & Destroy and enabled Teatimer protection. System conflicts can occur.
Download it from BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)

MVPS Hosts
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Install MVPS Hosts File Here
You can Find the Tutorial HERE

Read - stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.
Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online

If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.
What to do if your Computer is running slowly

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing!
torreattack
torreattack
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Chrisg2441 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:55 am

Thank you my dear friend, i will take your advice and do as your instructions say, many thanks for the help and support you have provided over the weeks, if you are ever in the Uk, look me up and i will buy you several beers, you can contact me via face book anytime, once again thank you and all the best, Chris Grabarz
Chrisg2441

Unread postby torreattack » July 2nd, 2012, 5:46 pm

hi Chrisg2441:

You are welcome.

Feel glad that you problem solved.
torreattack
torreattack
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous