Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Google redirect on Firefox, IE, Chrome even Second Life

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Google redirect on Firefox, IE, Chrome even Second Life

Unread postby Jessicka » June 3rd, 2012, 6:51 pm

Hey I did the fix and it restarted but bluescreened and there was no record obviously and also of the bluescreen with bluescreen view or whocrashed - no mini.dmp file either. So I am guessing it worked since the pc is running now, but there's something in the registry that might need to be removed still. I also wouldn't mind cleaning my registry of anything that doesn't need to be there anymore, but not sure if you help with that kind of thing or can recommend a program?

So for clarity:
-Did the fix, it asked to reboot
-Immediate BSOD on start
-Rebooted again, running fine so far
-no OTL log, no bsod mini.dmp in it's folder, no record of any text files of any sort created on 6/3

Wouldn't mine running a registry cleaner for a number of reasons.
Jessicka

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Alander » June 4th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Hi, The otl log file can be found at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles named as OTL.txt

Registry Cleaners
I don't personally recommend the use of ANY registry cleaners. Here is an excerpt from a discussion on regcleaners
Most reg cleaners aren't bad as such, but they aren't perfect and even the best have been known to cause problems. The point we are trying to make is that the risk of using one far outweighs any benefit. If it does work perfectly you will not see any difference. If it doesn't work properly you may end up with an expensive doorstop.

This post by Bill Castner is very informative: WhatTheTech Forum
Alander

Unread postby Jessicka » June 4th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Yeah there is no log in that folder run for that date. Just the previous one I posted on 5/30. The BSOD didn't even provide me with a mini.dmp. I'll run that fix again or should I just run OTL again? Still seem to be getting the Bluescreens though since. ntoskrnl.exe driver.
Jessicka

Unread postby Alander » June 5th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Hi

Did you encounter any BSOD before you started with the removal process? Did you make any changes to your system like updating your drivers, added/changed hardware during the course of the malware removal process?
Alander

Unread postby Alander » June 7th, 2012, 12:29 pm

3 Day Response
Hi :)
It has been 2 days since my last post to you.
  • Do you still need help with this problem?
  • Do you need more time?
  • Are you having problems understanding or following my instructions?
Just let me know what's going on otherwise...
After 24 hrs., if you have not replied to this thread... it will be closed!
Alander

Unread postby Jessicka » June 7th, 2012, 5:36 pm

I had not added or changed hardware while we worked on this issue. It just now is an issue that seems unfixable. Bluescreens daily since the last change with OTL. You guys have to adjust the time people can reply too, some of us work, have family and lives and don't sit on a computer all day. I work 10 hours a day, I have a dog that had major hip surgery I have to take to therapy 3 times a week, I need to sleep and eat to survive too... is all that not as important as making sure I reply on this site? I know you are helping me, but I think 5 days should be the limit, it's a lot more fair. Your signature says never give up!
Jessicka

Unread postby Alander » June 8th, 2012, 6:38 am

Hi,
Please follow the instructions on here to disable automatic restart on system failure

Take note of the system failure code, driver details, etc and post it back here
Alander

Unread postby deltalima » June 11th, 2012, 8:24 am

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous