My PC does not seem to be exhibiting any suspect behaviour at the moment.
Sound good! Any way, you may come back to us if you find anything suspicious again.
This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware. Congratulations
... your computer now appears
to be malware free!
Please follow these simple guidelines in order to help keep your computer more secure:Time for some housekeepingFlush Restore Point
Please make sure OTL.exe
is on your Desktop.Important!
Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop
Clean up with OTL
- Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Copy the following text... do not include the quote box title "Quote'
- Click under the Custom Scan/Fixes box and paste the copied text.
- Click the Run Fix button. If prompted... click OK.
- When the scan completes, Notepad will open with the scan results.
- Just close the notepad and do not need to post the contents of report.
You can now delete any tools we used if they remain on your Desktop.Protection Programs
- Right-click OTL.exe And select " Run as administrator " to run it. If Windows UAC prompts you, please allow it.
- This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Don't forget to re-enable
any protection programs we disabled during your fix.Your Internet Explorer is outdatedYou can find information and install IE 9 from Here Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckVisit Microsoft often.
Keep on top of critical updates , as well as other updates for your computer.What is Windows Update?Microsoft Update Home Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. WinPatrol
Do not install if you have installed Spybot Search & Destroy and enabled Teatimer protection. System conflicts can occur.
Download it from BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)MVPS Hosts
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Install MVPS Hosts File Here
You can Find the Tutorial HERERead - stay informed.
To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.What to do if your Computer is running slowly
I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.