here is new tdss log:
That looks much better.
Run OTL Script
- Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word Code
- Code: Select all
:processes killallprocesses :reg [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ComputerAssociatesAntiMalware] "DisableMonitoring" = 0 :commands [EMPTYFLASH] [EMPTYJAVA] [RESETHOSTS] [CREATERESTOREPOINT] [REBOOT]
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
- Click .
- OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
Please run a quick scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and post the log in your next reply.
ESET Online Scanner:
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
Vista/Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Please go here to run the scan.Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!
Please let me know how the computer is running now.