Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

searchnu

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: searchnu

Unread postby bjmyers » April 18th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Hello pmigg,

Many thanks again, but it seems I hit a snag just inches from the goal line...

I successfully removed my outdated version of Adobe Reader, installed Adobe Reader X, and set the preference flags as you instructed.

The snag came in the next step when I tried to run the OTL fix: the machine locked up again in much the same way that it did last week (in one of our first cleanup sessions).

The cursor's response to the mouse was the only sign of life, so I had to pull the plug to reboot.

Thinking I'd done something wrong, I tried again (after removing my trial version of Malwarebytes) but the machine locked up again while in the midst of shutting down.

Apparently no harm done -- I was simply unable to run the final OTL fix (and therefore did not run OTL clean-up, either).

So close and yet so far....

Cheers
bjmyers
bjmyers

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby pgmigg » April 19th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Hello bjmyers,
The snag came in the next step when I tried to run the OTL fix: the machine locked up again in much the same way that it did last week (in one of our first cleanup sessions).
The cursor's response to the mouse was the only sign of life, so I had to pull the plug to reboot.
Please don't worry, you can do it in the different way. Instead of the one nonworking step with OTL script, you will need to run three other... :)

Step 1.
TFC (Temp File Cleaner)
  1. Please download TFC.exe...by Old Timer. Save it to your desktop.
    Print these instructions. Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs... including your browser!
  2. Double click on TFC.exe to run it.
    TFC will begin cleaning up the "temp" files... it may take only a few seconds or it could be several minutes, depending on the amount of temp files found.
  3. If prompted to reboot... click Yes.

! Important ! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately, before proceeding to any other steps or other use of your computer.

Step 2.
Create a new, clean System Restore point
  1. Create a new, clean System Restore Point which you can use in case of future system problems:
  2. Press Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
  3. Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close.

Step 3.
Deleting all but the most recent System Restore Points
  1. Click Start -> Run and type cleanmgr in the opened box. Then press OK.
  2. Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  3. Select the More Options tab under System Restore and press Clean up.... Then and say Yes to the prompt.
  4. Press OK and Yes to confirm.

Then, finally:

Step 4.
OTL-Cleanup
  1. Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  2. Press the CleanUp button.
  3. When done, you will be prompted to reboot your system to finish file removal, please select OK to reboot your computer.

Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Stay Safe! ;)
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » April 23rd, 2012, 11:17 am