Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need Help with Malware Removal on my Sites

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Need Help with Malware Removal on my Sites

Unread postby jacey » March 22nd, 2012, 1:33 pm

Hello I am new to the forum so not sure if I am doing this correctly. Would like to ask for help removing Malware from some of my websites. Saw where someone else posted their DDS logs....I am not sure what that is or how they obtained them. Thanks.
jacey

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Need Help with Malware Removal on my Sites

Unread postby pgmigg » March 22nd, 2012, 1:47 pm

Hello jacey,

Welcome to the forum! :)

My name is pgmigg and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.

Currently I am working under the guidance of the MRU teachers and everything I post to you, must first be approved by them.
This additional review process can add some extra time to my responses, but I will post back with instructions for you as soon as possible.

Before we begin, please read and follow these important guidelines, so things will proceed smoothly.
  1. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
    Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
  2. You must have Administrator rights, permissions for this computer.
  3. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  4. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
  5. Only post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  6. Print each set of instructions if possible - your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
  7. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  8. Only reply to this thread, do not start another one. Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean!" :cheers:
    Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

I am currently reviewing your log and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions. In the meantime...
Please take time to read the Malware Removal Forum Guidelines and Rules where the conditions for receiving help at this forum are explained.

Please read all instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.
lf you have any questions or problems executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jacey » March 22nd, 2012, 2:22 pm

Hi nice to meet you.....I have read all that you posted and the guidelines and rules. I am the sole owner of the Laptop I am using....I have ad-aware as my virus program installed. Thanks.
jacey

Unread postby pgmigg » March 26th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Hello jacey,

Thank you for your patience... :)
Saw where someone else posted their DDS logs....I am not sure what that is or how they obtained them.
The DDS (Doesn't Do Squat) is a scanning tool. As its name suggests it is not used directly to fix anything, and is meant to have a minimal impact on a your computer. I need to obtain information about processes, files, programs, etc. installed and running on your PC before I could start to help you with any infection you may have.

DDS Scan
  1. Please download DDS ... by sUBs. Save it to your desktop. Alternate download links here or here.
    Please disable any Antivirus or Firewall you have active, as shown in this topic before running DDS.
  2. Please double click dds.com to run the tool. (File name will be different if alternate download used).
    Vista - W7 users: You must right click on the file above and select "Run As Administrator" to run the tool.
    A black window will open with some instructions/comments...
  3. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
    Caution: The above logs will NOT be saved, so you must save them to your desktop.
  4. Please post both the DDS.txt and Attach.txt files in your next reply.

Thanks,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jacey » March 26th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Thanks
Last edited by jacey on March 27th, 2012, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacey

Unread postby jacey » March 26th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Thanks
Last edited by jacey on March 27th, 2012, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacey

Unread postby pgmigg » March 27th, 2012, 10:55 am

Hello jacey,

Please tell me, is this computer used for business purposes or connected to business network?
I need to know it - so I can provide the proper instructions.

Step 0.
Create a System Restore Point
  1. Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
  2. In the left pane under Tasks please click System protection.
    If UAC prompts for an administrator password or approval, type the password or give your "permission to continue".
  3. Select System Protection, then choose Create.
  4. In the System Restore dialog box, type a description for the restore point and then click Create again.
    A window will pop up with "The Restore Point was created successfully" confirmation message.
  5. Click OK, then close the System Restore dialog.

If you have successfully created a System Restore Point... we can proceed.
If you have NOT successfully created a System Restore Point... do not go any further!
Please post back so we can determine why it was unsuccessful.

Step 1.
Remove Program(s)
  1. Click on Start, then click the Start Search box on the Start Menu.
  2. Copy and paste the value below without the word Code: into the open text entry box:
    Code: Select all
     appwiz.cpl 
    and press Enter - the Unistall or change a program list will be opened.
  3. Click each Entry, as follows, one by one, if it exists, choose Uninstall, and give permission to Continue:
    Ask Toolbar
    Ask Toolbar Updater
    Dealio Toolbar v5.1
    kikin plugin 2.11
  4. Take extra care in answering questions posed by any Uninstaller.
  5. When the program(s) have been uninstalled, please close Control Panel.

Please include in your next reply:
  1. Answer to my question related to type of use of your computer.
  2. Do you have any problems executing the instructions?
  3. Do you see any changes in computer behavior?

Thanks,
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby jacey » March 27th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Thanks.
Last edited by jacey on March 27th, 2012, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacey

Unread postby pgmigg » March 27th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Hello jacey,
Yes I use this computer for my home business.
Thank you for an answer.

Business computer
If I could point you in the direction of the rules, which state under Posting for help for business machines
This forum was set up specifically to help home users, our volunteer helpers choose not to work on machines used for other purposes
On this forum the Administrators are the sole arbiters of what constitutes Home use.
We reserve the right to close any topic that in our opinion is from a computer used for other purposes.
All decisions are final, and are not open to discussion or negotiation.

If this is indeed a business computer:

• If it is a corporate computer, it is suggested that you take this issue to your IT department.
  • If this is a personal computer used for business (personal or corporate), it is suggested that you take this issue to your IT department, or your local PC repair store.

This topic will now be closed. I am sorry I could not have been of further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.
pgmigg
pgmigg
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » April 4th, 2012, 12:33 am

As this issue involves a business use computer, as well as possibly infected websites, it falls outside the scope of this forum; therefore, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove