Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Time problem & Uninstall problem

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Time problem & Uninstall problem

Unread postby whisperer » March 10th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I could not find a way of generating a text report from the Avast scan so here goes with a written precis...

The Avast scan threw up 2 high severity threats in different places. ComboFix.exe was identified as a Win32:Agent-QZQ[Trj], I am pretty sure that this would be classified as false positive, nevertheless I allowed these to be 'Moved to Chest' as I am not using them.

It came up with Two 'Device not ready (21) the first had a path of Disk\\?\Volume{7b1f0c53-0c22-11e0-8aa2-806e6f6e6963}Boot Record , the second of these \\?\Volume{7b1f0c53-0c22-11e0-8aa2-806e6f6e6963}\
A search in the registry threw up 3 occurrences of this key, none of which appeared suspicious except that I could no longer use Castle Cops excellent databases for a thorough check - frustrating

It also identified 8 paths it could not find (3), all involving dll's which were:
algo, aswcmnbs, aswcmnis, aswcmnos, aswengin, aswfidb, aswrep and aswscan
as far as I can ascertain they all belong to Alwil low level software which seems to be linked to Avast anyway....

One last attempt to install MSE on Vista and then it is back to Win7 for a progress check

Regards GT
whisperer
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby whisperer » March 10th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Failed to install MSE and 7 failed security upgrades mostly to do with net4 on Vista.
whisperer
Retired Graduate

Unread postby maxi » March 11th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Hi whisperer,

From what we can make out your system seems to be corrupted. I would advise you to do a "repair install". You can find the instructions on how to do this in the link provided below. If that doesn't work I think the best course of action would be to Reinstall Windows 7 only without having your system Duel Booting.

Others have had this problem, and Repair Install has successfully corrected the issue:
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/901 ... stall.html

Link to instructions for repair install
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards maxi :)
maxi
Retired Graduate

Unread postby whisperer » March 11th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Hi Maxi,

Tried an upgrade install and it will not run, with a statement that the 'autorun.dll is corrupt' so that is a no-no, I will try to get a new disc from Microsoft but I will not hold my breath. In the interim I shall move back to Vista and await Windows 8 for the big screen or is that going to be Windows 9?

Many thanks for your persistence and sorry it could not have been a successful outcome, wish it had been viral oriented because I know from experience that could have been sorted.

If there is a good link on a complete format and restore and what can be safely extracted drom the current installation and then be superimposed on a new install I would appreciate a sight of it.

Give my regards to your mentor as well.

Best wishes
GT :(
whisperer
Retired Graduate

Unread postby maxi » March 13th, 2012, 6:52 am

Hi whisperer,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I would recommend that you reformat the first one or two partitions.(the system "100mb" and "C:". Then install whichever OS you have the discs for. I think you are better off just having one OS, Vista or Win 7.

Here is a link that might help you to reinstall Vista.
http://www.cyberwalker.net/article/723/46

This link will help you back up your files.
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/backupdata.aspx

If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Regards maxi :)
maxi
Retired Graduate

Unread postby askey127 » March 16th, 2012, 6:50 pm

As the remaining issues do not involve malware, and fall outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous