Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

google redirect virus problem

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

google redirect virus problem

Unread postby shailesh » October 13th, 2011, 11:59 pm

I am using Avast antivirus in my laptop. I don't know how but my laptop got infected with google redirect virus and so I did complete scan of my laptop. Avast found 3 infected files. Two of them are "consrv.dll" in "c:\windows\system32\" and also "c:\windows\system64\" both have severity as high and status as"Threat:Win32:Malware-gen". I tried to repair by avast but it don't got repaired and throws error.then i moved it to avast's chest, after that the windows is not booting and it prompted to make startup repair.but it can't repair it. My problem is I can't boot or restore or repair my laptop. Is there any way to boot my computer to access my files? I have not partitioned my drive so everything is stored in the c: drive. I mean to say I can't go for new installation otherwise I will loose all my data. Please help me.

shailesh

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: google redirect virus problem

Unread postby Gary R » October 14th, 2011, 8:11 pm

• Download FRST64 to a USB flash drive.
  • Plug the USB drive into the infected machine.

Boot your computer into Recovery Environment

• Restart the computer and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Options Menu appears.
  • Select Repair your computer.
  • Select Language and click Next
  • Enter password (if necessary) and click OK, you should now see the screen below ...

• Select the Command Prompt option.
  • A command window will open.
    • Type notepad then hit Enter.
    • Notepad will open.
      • Click File > Open then select Computer.
      • Note down the drive letter for your USB Drive.
      • Close Notepad.
  • Back in the command window ....
    • Type e:/frst64.exe and hit Enter (where e: is replaced by the drive letter for your USB drive)
    • FRST will start to run.
      • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
      • Press Scan button.
      • When finished scanning it will make a log FRST.txt on the flash drive.
  • Close the command window.
  • Post me the FRST.txt log please.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Problem solved Re: google redirect virus problem

Unread postby shailesh » October 15th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks Gary for your extended help.

As I posted my problem on Malware Removal Univ, I keep reading other posts (Malware removal univ) on how to back up the data when one can not boot the system. In one of the thread, it was mentioned that one can run Ubuntu on USB and recover the data. Fortunately the trick works for me and I recover all my data. After that I use onekey recovery option (provided by Lenovo) to restore my laptop at factory settings.

I really appreciate your help and time.

Thank you once again.

Shailesh
shailesh

Re: google redirect virus problem

Unread postby Gary R » October 15th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Thanks for letting me know you've resolved your problem.

Glad you were able to retrieve your data. :)