Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

MalWare Microsoft Essentials fake error

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: MalWare Microsoft Essentials fake error

Unread postby t-risk7 » October 13th, 2011, 3:08 pm

No, I haven't been able to install the hosts file. It looks as though I have to unzip it and do something. I am not sure what I need to do exactly.

From what I've read, my phone looks pretty safe.

Thanks again.
t-risk7

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby t-risk7 » October 13th, 2011, 6:00 pm

I cannot run pdf files. Is adobe reader x 10.1.1 safe? I have CA antivirus on my other computer and when I go to run adobe reader x10.1.1 it shows a suspicious software. Adobe recommends turning off antivirus. But for obvious reasons, I am hesitant. This computer with MSE antivirus doesn't show anything, but I want to be sure it is safe before I load it to both computers.

Thanks for your help.
t-risk7

Unread postby Dakeyras » October 14th, 2011, 4:19 am

Hi. :)

No, I haven't been able to install the hosts file. It looks as though I have to unzip it and do something. I am not sure what I need to do exactly.
OK what you need to do is extract the hosts.zip to somewhere convenient, the Desktop would be ideal, to do so...

Right-click on hosts.zip >> Exract All >> select the Desktop as the extraction point etc >> click on Extract.

Now on the Desktop double click on the folder named hosts >> in the new window that opens, double click on mvps.bat >> follow the prompts.

You should now have the custom MVPS Host File installed. If you opted to install WinPatrol, it will prompt/warn about a change to the Hosts File within about two or so minutes if you kept the default settings...merely acknowledge/OK the change etc.

I cannot run pdf files. Is adobe reader x 10.1.1 safe?
Aye it is.

I have CA antivirus on my other computer and when I go to run adobe reader x10.1.1 it shows a suspicious software. Adobe recommends turning off antivirus. But for obvious reasons, I am hesitant.
That would be what is known as a false positive detection, you could add/exclude Adobe Reader from being detected by CA antivirus. Since I have no idea which version you have, below are the instructions for most recent versions currently still in use:-

CA Anti-Virus 2007 or 2008

CA Anti-Virus 2009

CA Anti-Virus 2010
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby Cypher » October 15th, 2011, 6:44 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous