Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Proper Format for Previous Incorrectly Posted Log Info

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Proper Format for Previous Incorrectly Posted Log Info

Unread postby everlong » July 17th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Sorry for replying so late, Gary, I've had a few very late and busy nights. Actually, I have performed two complete system recovery's of my C: Drive and done a complete reinstall of Windows and the problems still persists. I have decided to just take to just take it in to Sony, but I would like your opinion on something. If the virus that I had allowed the sender to gain total access to my computer, what are the chances, in your opinion, of that person having devised a way to still regain access after removal of the virus, without actually sending the virus again?
everlong

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gary R » July 18th, 2011, 1:39 am

At the present time, there's no way I know of for an infection to survive a full disk re-format.

If you've done one already, and you're still having problems, it's either because ....

a. One or more of the programs you install after the re-format is causing the problems (most likely scenario)
b. Your recovery partition is corrupted in some way, and those corruptions are transferred when you re-install Windows on your main partition (much less likely but still possible).
c. You have a hardware problem. (very possible).

Theoretically it's possible to infect the flash memory associated with your BIOS, and that would survive a hard drive format, but for all sorts of reasons no one's ever made one of those that worked outside a laboratory.

The chances of you being the first person to have one "in the wild" are frankly practically non-existent.

I think your best bet is to return your machine to your dealer, and since it's a new machine, get it repaired under warranty.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Gary R » July 20th, 2011, 1:25 am

Since we've gone about as far as we can with this topic ....