That's OK... I just wanted to make sure there were no other infections found. Outside of the slower Firefox unless there are other malware concerns or symptoms we can wrap this up, with some cleanup and some suggestions to help keep your computer more secure.
If you still have SystemLook
on your desktop, you can delete this and it's associated report.Step 1.OTL-Cleanup
You should still have this on your desktop, if so, please ignore the download instructions.
Please download OTL
... by Old Timer
. Save it to your Desktop
If you did not reboot your computer normally, please do so now, before continuing.Create a System Restore Point
- Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
Vista-W7 users: Right click on OTL.exe select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Press the CleanUp button.
- When done, you will be prompted to reboot your system to finish file removal... please select OK to reboot your computer.
Perform Disk Cleanup Note: You have to have administrative rights to run Disk Cleanup for "All" users.
- Right-click on Computer ... select Properties.
- In the left pane under Tasks ... click System protection.
If UAC prompts for an administrator password or approval, type the password or give your "permission to continue".
- Select System Protection ...then choose Create.
- In the System Restore dialog box, type a description for the restore point ... click Create, again.
A window will pop up with "The Restore Point was created successfully" confirmation message.
- Click OK ...then close the System Restore dialog.
Now you have a clean restore point to use if you need to restore your system.
- Click the Start... button. Type disk in the Start Search text entry box.
- Double click the Disk Cleanup entry, from the matching program list.
- In the Disk Cleanup options...select "Files from all users on this computer"
If the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection dialog box appears:
Disk Cleanup will begin space saving calculations.
- Select the drive where Windows is installed. (Normally, this would be C:\ drive)
- Press the "OK"...button.
- When the calculations are finished... Press the More Options tab.
- In the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section... select "Clean up" button.
- Press the "Delete"... button, at the "Are you sure..." prompt.
Disk Cleanup will begin cleaning up old files and restore points.
- Exit Disk Cleanup.
This will remove all restore points except the one you just created.
Please follow these simple guidelines in order to help keep your computer more secure: Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly. Secunia Personal Software Inspector
- Copyright © Secunia. F-secure Health Check
- Copyright © F-Secure Corporation.Visit Microsoft often.
Keep on top of critical updates , as well as other updates for your computer. Using Windows Update in Windows 7What is Windows Update? Microsoft Update Home Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
You have this installed already, run scans weekly (at least)... make sure you check for updates before running scans.
Download it from Malewarebytes © Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing
, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.WinPatrol
Do not install if you have installed Spybot Search & Destroy and enabled Teatimer protection. System conflicts can occur.
Download it from Copyright © BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)Read - stay informed.COMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online
Please check out this article: Some information may be old but the basic safeguards still apply.How to prevent Malware:© miekiemoes - Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
. Please let me know that you completed the cleanup steps, the create/purge System Restore point steps and reviewed the rest of the post. Once I receive your reply, unless there are other malware questions or concerns, I will have this topic closed as resolved.