Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

computer and internet slow

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: computer and internet slow

Unread postby askey127 » June 30th, 2011, 6:49 am

johnny,
I think you may have downloaded the wrong version of Malwarebytes.
They evidently have plugged in the download for the paid one where the free one used to be.
Go ahead and erase the desktop installer you have, or uninstall it if you have installed already.
Then follow these revised instructions. This will get you the FREE one, to use as long as you want.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and Run MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware It is free for non-business use.
Please go here to the Download Location, and click Download for the Free one on the Left.
When the next page comes up, click on the Download Now button in the upper right.
  • After clicking on the download and choosing Save, the "Save to location" dialog will come up.
  • Choose Desktop as the location to save the installer and click Save again.
  • You should now have a desktop icon named mbam-setup.exe. Double-click it.
  • Let it install the program where it wants to, with the default settings, and click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • If necessary, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again.
    (You can Decline any Offer for a Trial)
  • Once the program is running, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • If it found any malware items. Check all items except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder... and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location, and post the contents in your reply.
  • The log can also be found using the "Logs" tab in the program. You can click any "Scan" log listed to open its contents.
  • Recent logs are named by time/date stamp in this format : mbam-log-2011-mm-dd(hour-min-sec).txt
  • You can now delete the installer icon, named mbam-setup.exe from your desktop.

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby johnnycoolwhip » June 30th, 2011, 1:56 pm

My question was about that program Malwarebytes is should I have it run in the background as extra protection for my computer, which requires me to start a trial or just use it for scanning. I don't like keeping Avast antivirus running because it hogs my system resources and slows my internet down. Also when Avast catches a threat a popup comes up containing info on the threat and in the popup theirs a link on how to get rid of the problem. The link goes to their website were you have to buy a program to get rid of the problem. I think it is a big scam that they make you buy a program when you have the program that is suppose to fix the problem already. Its free but it doesn't stop anything from infecting your computer. Do you know of any anti spyware programs that are free to use and fix the problem? thanks again the Malwarebytes log will be in my next post.
johnnycoolwhip

Unread postby johnnycoolwhip » June 30th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6988

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

6/30/2011 12:52:42 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-30 (12-52-41).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 147375
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 17 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
johnnycoolwhip

Unread postby askey127 » June 30th, 2011, 3:49 pm

johnny,
Download the Microsoft Security Essentials Installer from here and save it on your desktop.
Microsoft Security Essentials here: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
Don't run it yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Remove Programs Using Control Panel
From Start, Settings, Control Panel or Start, Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs.
Highlight each Entry, as follows, one by one, if it exists, and choose Remove :

avast! Free Antivirus

Take extra care in answering questions posed by any Uninstaller.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now don't do any surfing until you do the following:
Now Double click on the Microsoft Security Essentials Installer and let it install itself.
Allow it to update itself and run a Scan. Pay attention to whether it finds anything. Allow it to remove anything it finds.

Now you have an antivirus that will run full time (don't turn it off) and is very unobtrusive.
When you turn off an antivirus, you are inviting a major computer infection.
Criminals have robots out there looking for machines with the protection turned off.

Let me know how it goes.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » July 4th, 2011, 8:12 am