OK, for the Updates problems talk to Microsoft ..... https://support.microsoft.com/oas/defau ... ct=1&sd=gn
For the Event Viewer problem, the best place would probably be in one of the Windows Vista "general help" forums. Below are links to a few (in no order of preference) where the quality of help is usually good ....
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/79 ... windows-7/
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/ ... .php?f=217
As for removing the programs we've used to clean your machine of malware ......
Let's clear out OTL and the files and folders it created.
- Double click OTL.exe to launch the programme. This will also remove TDSSKiller, SystemLook, and GMER (except for the random named file on your desktop).
- Click on the CleanUp! button.
- OTL will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
- You will be prompted to allow the clean up procedure, click Yes
- When finished exit out of OTL
- Now delete OTL.exe (if still present).
To remove ERUNT use Control Panel > Prgrams > Uninstall a program
The random named GMER file on your Desktop.
As far as I can see, your computer looks clear of infection now.
Please read the article below which will give you a few suggestions for how to minimise your chances of getting another infection.
If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.