I installed windows 7 on my own and I do have an installation disk.
Good then if you understand the possible risk involved and would like to attempt to fix this infection, I would urge you first to ensure you have backed up any important data.
Give me an update on your computers performance after doing the following.
Download MBRBackup to your Desktop.
- Right-click MBRBackup.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
- Click SaveMBR (top left corner) and save the backup file to your Desktop.
- It will have a name similar to MBR_2010-10-06.bin where the numbers correspond to the date the backup was made.
- Exit the program.
- I strongly suggest you keep a copy of this backup stored on an external device.
Download and Run ComboFix
- Please download ComboFix from one of the following links.
**IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop**
- Please disable any Antivirus or Firewall you have active, as shown in this topic. Please close all open application windows.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper
Logs/Information to Post in your Next Reply
- Please give me an update on your computers performance.