Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Blackdoor.small3.bi and Downloader.agent.7.e

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 9th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Well that still looks clean.

Can you detail as much as possible what happens - without being there to see myself I need as full a description as possible.

Even a copy of the popup window might help - you can use 'alt' 'print screen' to capture to the clipboard just the current window.

You can email to me at cjwd-sub AT hostingatessex.com I will be able to place it on the forum for all to see. If you have webspace yourself you can link from this board as part of the posting instead.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 21st, 2005, 7:18 am

seems I may have missed you email - Now found.
====================
Hello Chris RGL,

You asked me to send an E-mail with the procedure we used to start RKdetector in the DOS-mode of Windows 98 SE. This is as follows:

1e method:
We start the Dos-modus via Start\Programs\MS-Dos-Prompt. Via the normal DOS Commands like Change Directory (CD), we try to start RKdetector. There is no reaction at all, neither an information.

2e method:
The same as above, however now we run DOS with Alt-Enter in full screen. The result is the same as above.

3e method:
We close Windows 98 SE and start in full MS-DOS modus. We follow the same method as described above. The program does not start either. DOS gives the information: "This program must be run under Win 32"

I hope I informed you well. If you answer this E-mail, please send a copy to j.schonkerenathome.nl You know, me and my brother Harrie work together on the problems.

Greetings, Schonk1 (I was the first borned)

P.S. Now you know everything. Keep laughing.
======================
I will check the program to night - on my win98 machine.

In the mean time - please post back with a new HJT log for me.
Please visit the downloads page and get the new version which is just out.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Schonk1 » February 22nd, 2005, 5:26 pm

Hi Chris,

We are back again. I see you found our E-mail. As you see I gave you the method I used to start that program in DOS. If it is true that it will not work in WIN 98 SE, I may hear something? In the meantime you get the new HJT-log of the system. It is made with the new HJT-program.

As far as we can conclude, the system is clean of malware.

Greetings, Schonk1

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:10:04, on 22-2-05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222B)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NVSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGCC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\TEATIMER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSWORKS\AGENDA\WKCALREM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SKYPE\PHONE\SKYPE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer aangeboden door @Home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy:8080
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Taakcontrole] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OWCCardbusTray] ocbtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NVSvc] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\nvsvc.exe -runservice
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Agenda-herinneringen.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSWorks\Agenda\WKCALREM.EXE
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic Agent - res://C:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_MENU_SEARCHEXT
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\COPERNIC AGENT\COPERNICAGENT.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Launch Copernic Agent - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\COPERNIC AGENT\COPERNICAGENT.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Copernic Agent - {688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\COPERNIC AGENT\COPERNICAGENT.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://start.home.nl/
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... lcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-l ... cfscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.4.0 - Release Date: 22-2-05
Schonk1

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 22nd, 2005, 7:12 pm

yes it looks comletely clean.

I think you need to recap on what the problems now are.

Is the browser being redirected to a home page the user does not wish to have - have they set a home page that keeps getting changed without thier agreement.

Same but for the search page.

Any extra toolbars in IE.

Does your AV report anything - if so a copy would be nice.

Does spybot and/or ad-aware find anything that cannot be removed.
Use the setting as per my post in the Public Library.

Any other issues found.

Chris.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Schonk1 » February 23rd, 2005, 10:52 am

Hi Chris,

We recapitulated as you advised. All points you mentioned are OK now. IE is working well, but we now use Firefox (you never can tell).

We did Ad-Aware SE configure according your advise and made a new scan. Nothing at all was found, after which we rebooted the system.

Although it is not so important anymore (intruders have been killed), did you already found a solution for the execution of RKdetector in Windows 98 SE ?
We wonder why it did'nt work.

Greetings, Schonk1
Schonk1

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 23rd, 2005, 1:14 pm

Sorry no (re RK) have not had time.

Been a few changes behind the scenes here - that will be visable next week - and its been a lot of work - so have not had time to play with RK.

I will do - and will post back here what I find. I need to find out, before I advise other prople of that program.

Nice to know that things are all ok now.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Schonk1 » February 23rd, 2005, 3:08 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank's again to you and your co-operators for your great help. It was a long session but it was worth to do it instead of doing a format of the HD and start again.

I think we can now stop watching this topic.

Greetings and much succes,

Schonk1
Schonk1

Unread postby ChrisRLG » February 23rd, 2005, 7:50 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.