Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spyware infection! Please review my HJT logfile

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Kimberly » February 9th, 2006, 10:29 am

Regarding the 3 entries below, you have a Dell computer ?

Dell Solution Center
Dell Support Introduction
i-LEARN My Dell PC

You should have some CD's or a recovery partition. Can you tell me what you have exactly ? Reinstalling the OS shouldn't be that difficult since Dell did probably create a program for that. I'll try to gather some info on how Dell allows you to restore the PC as I'm not familar with Dell computers.
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby arqa » February 10th, 2006, 12:16 am

Hello Kim,

Yes, this is a Dell PC... I have a re-installation CD W ME,
a resource CD, a drivers CD and another with the programs
that came with it at the time.

Please advice.
arqa

Unread postby Kimberly » February 10th, 2006, 11:38 am

Hello arqa,

That is great news. :) The install procedure should be much easier because Dell has a well documented reinstall guide. In order to read some documents, you will have to select you model from a dropdown box and enter the service tag.

I will list the main documents here. Read them and let me know if there is anything you don't understand. Don't start the reinstall yet. Just create the boot floppy, test it but do not type in format c: for now.

Install Procedure

The installation does not format the hard disk. To do that use the emergency boot diskette (made by going to Start|Settings|Control Panel|Add/Remove Programs|Startup Disk tab or downloaded from here. Boot with that and at the DOS prompt enter format c: and click <Enter>. Once the disk is formatted you can install ME using the procedures given below.

How do I use the Dell™ Windows® Millennium Edition (Me) Operating System CD that came with my Dell computer?
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/ ... =TT1036679

How do I install the Microsoft® Windows® Millennium Edition (Me) operating system from my Dell™ Windows Me Operating System CD?
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/ ... =RG1036680

From the same page : To help you install your operating system, drivers, and related software for your Dell system, view or print step-by-step instructions from the Dell Software Reinstall Guide at: http://support.us.dell.com/us/en/kb/org.
You will have to enter your Dell Model & the Service Tag (that's why I can list the appropriate articles here) Select a category you wish info about from the dropdown box.

If you have questions about a procedure, please include the link to the document since I don't know your references (Model & Tag)

Let me know ok. :)

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Kimberly » February 16th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Please leave this topic open for a few weeks as requested by PM. arqa has some real life issues to handle before reinstalling the system.

Thanks.

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » March 18th, 2006, 6:15 am

Been a month with no reply.

Whilst we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 14 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Please take the time to tell us what you would like to be done about the people who are behind all the problems you have had. We can only get something done about this if the people that we help, like you, are prepared to complain. See Nellie2's blog here or post in our dedicated forum here
The infection you had was ......
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous