Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

TR/Agent

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: TR/Agent

Unread postby muppy03 » July 30th, 2010, 8:34 pm

So if you are not having any further problems, I would suggest you proceed as follows.

TFC is a great tool for you to keep and use on a regular basis.

You can delete RSIT from your Desktop and it associated folder C:\RSIT
You can also delete System Look

Uninstall ComboFix:

• Click on Start >> Run...
  • Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

The above procedure will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points

Remember to update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Please reply if you have any problems or questions.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby pt521 » August 1st, 2010, 8:14 pm

I have a couple questions-

1. I now have a little red "Windows Security Alert" shield in the tray at the lower right, and every time I start up the computer it tells me that Norton Internet Worm Protection is turned off. Again, I didn't even know I had Norton software. Their recommendation is to "Turn on Windows firewall for all network connections". Should I do so? Was this on before all the cleanup we did?

2. Secunia shows vulnerabilities in older versions of Flash and Windows Media Player, but I downloaded the updates and still get the same results in the scan. Is this something worth pursuing further?

3. Thank you for being awesome. You've saved me so much time, money, and aggravation. How can I repay you/the site?
pt521

Unread postby muppy03 » August 2nd, 2010, 7:50 am

I now have a little red "Windows Security Alert" shield in the tray at the lower right, and every time I start up the computer it tells me that Norton Internet Worm Protection is turned off. Again, I didn't even know I had Norton software. Their recommendation is to "Turn on Windows firewall for all network connections". Should I do so? Was this on before all the cleanup we did?

Let’s work on this one first :)

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
    Code: Select all
    :folderfind
    Norton

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby pt521 » August 2nd, 2010, 12:19 pm

this is the SystemLook log-

SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (11.01.10)
Log created at 12:13 on 02/08/2010 by Timothy C. Parsons (Administrator - Elevation successful)

No Context: Code:

========== folderfind ==========

Searching for "Norton"
No folders found.

-=End Of File=-
pt521

Unread postby muppy03 » August 2nd, 2010, 5:20 pm

I would like you to run The Norton Removal tool, try the “I have a Norton 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010 product.

Remove Norton

Note : You should first attempt to remove your Norton product using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features, in Windows Vista). This is the best method. After uninstalling using Windows Add/Remove Programs, run the Norton Removal Tool to ensure successful removal of all Norton references.

Please go to this -page- and select the product you have

1 Download the Norton Removal Tool.
    Save the file to the Windows desktop.
    2 On the Windows desktop, double-click the Norton Removal Tool icon.
    3 Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Your computer may be restarted more than once, and you may be asked to repeat some steps after the computer restarts.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby pt521 » August 3rd, 2010, 5:46 pm

I ran the Norton Removal tool, and the "Windows Security Center" window does not tell me anymore that Norton Internet Worm Protection is turned off. Now tells me that "firewall" is off. What should I do next?
pt521

Unread postby muppy03 » August 4th, 2010, 4:37 am

Now tells me that "firewall" is off. What should I do next?

Turn it on :)

1. Please press Start... then choose Run from the menu.
  2. In the Run, text entry box, please copy/paste the following:
    wscui.cpl
  3. Press the OK... button.
    The Security Center window will open.
  4. In the "Manage security settings for:" section, click the "Windows Firewall" link.
    In the "Windows Firewall" window... under the General tab.
  5. Check the radio button, marked "On (recommended)".
  6. Click the OK...button.
  7. Close the Security Center Window, using the X button at the top right of the window.

Take note that the built-in Windows XP firewall it is not recommended as it does not block outgoing connections. This means that any malware on your computer is free to phone home for more instructions and you should consider using a third party Firewall. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time.

Let me know if any problems. :)
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby pt521 » August 4th, 2010, 10:29 am

I finally go rid of the messages that windows security center was given me. Thanks a lot. About third party firewall, do you recommend any?
pt521

Unread postby muppy03 » August 4th, 2010, 11:17 pm

There are several good free firewalls available, below are three that you can read up on.

Your can also remove System Look and the Norton Removal tool from your Desktop. :)
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » August 8th, 2010, 2:30 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!