Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Baidu Problem

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Baidu Problem

Unread postby erik8mwr » June 23rd, 2010, 11:03 am

Did you remove that line using HijackThis (as per my earlier post)?

Yes.

Here's the Malwarebytes log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4217

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18928

23/6/2010 11:00:26 PM
mbam-log-2010-06-23 (23-00-26).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 130737
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\StarTV\StarTV.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> No action taken.

Also, can you tell me about MiniThunder, this looks to be some form of search tool.

It is a download tool from China.
erik8mwr

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby deltalima » June 23rd, 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi erik8mwr,

OK, we need to dig deeper.

Please run a quick scan with Malwarebytes and remove any infections that are found.

Backup Your Registry:
* Download ERUNT to your Desktop (right-click the link, select Save Target As..., select your Desktop and press Save)
* Right-click erunt.zip, choose Extract All... and follow the prompts to unzip the program
* Open the erunt folder on your Desktop and double-click ERUNT.exe to start the program
* OK all the prompts to back up your registry to the default location.
Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Reset IE8:

• Please download Microsoft FixIt and save it to the desktop.
  • Double click on MicrosoftFixit50195.exe select I Agree and click on Next.
  • Follow the on-screen prompts.
  • You may delete MicrosoftFixit50195.exe when finished and or keep it if any problems in the future with IE8.
  • Next time IE8 is launched you will be prompted to reapply settings again, this is normal.
  • Note: Any add-ons will require to be reapplied after the above reset.

Run OTL Script

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Copy and Paste the following code into the Image textbox. Do not include the word Code
    Code: Select all
    :otl
    O2 - BHO: PIPI Link Helper - {1A3440C6-F123-4CAB-84EE-C814E1AE0D8F} - C:\Program Files\StarTV\core\pipi\JfCheck.dll
    IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.my180.com/Search.html
    IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.my180.com/Search.html
    IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1087390416-3780635448-2520622250-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.baidu.com/index.php?tn=avantcn_dg
    :commands
    [EMPTYTEMP]
    [RESETHOSTS]
    [REBOOT]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Click Image.
  • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  2. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  3. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  4. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
  5. Click on My Computer under Scan.
  6. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  7. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  8. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  9. Please post this log in your next reply and let me know how your computer is running now.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Gary R » June 26th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Previous