Hi mmmarty,Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secureRemove GMER
Delete the GMER
icon from your desktop, it will be named couw216p
Delete the TDSSKiller
icon, folder and zip file from your desktop.Uninstall ComboFix
Clean up with OTL
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK
Update your AntiVirus Software and keep your other programs up-to-date
- Double-click OTL.exe to start the program. This will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.Secunia Software InspectorF-secure Health CheckSecurity Updates for Windows, Internet Explorer & Microsoft Office
Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch so that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC. Ensure you are registered for Windows updates via Start
> right-click on My Computer
> Automatic Updates
tab or visit the Microsoft Update site
on a regular basis.Install SpywareBlaster
- SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and MalwareUpdate all these programs regularly
- Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.[/list]Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety
Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein So How Did I Get Infected In First PlaceHappy surfing and stay clean!