OK installing a Host File with Vista can be somewhat tricky, so try this method and this will install the MVPS version as follows:-
Host File Reset/Replace:
Please Download HostsXpert and unzip it to your computer, somewhere where you can find it.
The root of the system drive would be a ideal location EG: C:\
- Right-click on HostsXpert.exe and select Run as Administrator to launch the programme.
- Check to see if top button on left hand side says Make Writable?
- If it does. click on it then proceed to next instruction.
- If not, just proceed to next instruction
- Click on Restore MS Hosts File to restore your Hosts file to its default condition
- When prompted to confirm, click OK.
- Click on the Download button (lower left hand side)
- Click on MVPs Hosts... button.
- Click on Replace button.
- Press OK in the box that pops up. (HostsXpert will now download and update your Hosts file)
- When finished.
- Click on File Handling button.
- Click on Make Read Only? to secure it against infection.
- Exit the programme.