Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

REALLY weird stuff happening...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: REALLY weird stuff happening...

Unread postby Gary R » March 2nd, 2010, 6:01 am

Yes, at the moment it doesn't look like Malware is the source of your problems.

It's a shame you don't have the logs from BitDefender, as that would let us know what it removed.

I'm not a great lover of that programme, it has a record of being a little "over zealous" in removing things, and often that can cause more problems than it resolves.

From the Registry export you sent me earlier, it seems that many of the subkeys that should be found in ...... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall ..... key are missing, and will need to be rebuilt.

That is outside the scope of this forum I'm afraid, and you would be better getting help at one of the forums that deal in that type of problem.

If your e-set log comes back "clean", I'll recommend a few forums where you should be able to get the help you need.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby rlmark » March 2nd, 2010, 11:52 pm

Yup, the ESET scan came back clean.

If nothing else, thanks for all the help checking my computer and making sure it was OK! You guys have been a great help.

If you could point me in the right direction to go next, thanks a ton.
rlmark

Unread postby Gary R » March 3rd, 2010, 4:02 am

Yes, I thought it might. I'm as certain as I can be that your problems are not Malware related.

I think you have a couple of options open to you now.

If they ask you if you've checked for Malware you can refer them to this thread, I've posted its link below.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49620

Before we finish, you need to remove the programmes we've been using to "clean" your computer.

First

Let's clear out OTL and the files and folders it created. (This will also remove GMER, Rooter, RSIT and SystemLook)
  • Double click OTL.exe to launch the programme.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button.
  • OTL will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programmes alerts you, allow it access.
  • You will be prompted to allow the clean up procedure, click Yes
  • When finished exit out of OTL
  • Now delete OTL.exe (if still present).

Next

Please delete .....

TDSSKiller.exe
Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

I'm not 100% sure if TFC is removed by the OTL cleanup routine, if it's still present after that's been run then delete TFC.exe as well.

Erunt can be removed from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (if it's visible) if it's not I'd just leave it in place, it shouldn't interfere with anything.

Good luck getting your issues resolved.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » March 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm

As this remaining issue does not involve malware and therefore falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!