Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Removed Malware and now XP continues to reboot each time...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Removed Malware and now XP continues to reboot each time...

Unread postby daviddschool » February 8th, 2010, 10:14 pm

I recently removed some malware that came in the form of a little RED X in the startup (bottom right hand corner). Not sure where it came from, but it took over my desktop and told me I had to install 'their' software to get rid of it. Needless to say, I restarted and it came right back. I tried to use Hijack this to remove it, but no dice. It also showed up in Safe mode. So I went through and got rid of it with Malware and then when I rebooted, the "Loading user settings' comes on, the desktop shows up (with no icons) and then it reboots saying 'logging out user'.
So I tried the method of REPAIR with Win Xp, it went through and did all of its thing, but the same thing is still happening.
I have used Ubuntu and the files on the system are still there and intact, but I can't boot.
Any ideas?
daviddschool

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Removed Malware and now XP continues to reboot each time...

Unread postby NonSuch » February 9th, 2010, 9:06 pm

It sounds like your system is far too compromised to be able to recover it by removing the malware. We suggest you reformat and reinstall your operating system.

As the resolution of this issue requires a reformat, this topic is now closed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator