Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Search Results Being Redirected - For Carolyn

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Search Results Being Redirected - For Carolyn

Unread postby californiastreet » February 1st, 2010, 3:35 pm

Hi Carolyn,

My topic was closed because I did not reply to your post for 3 days. I sincerely apologize. We had a fire in our building on Friday night and had water coming through our ceiling. We are back in our unit (although sleeping in the guestroom/office) and I desperately want to fix this problem with my search results being redirected.

To answer your question from your last post, I use this computer for personal use. It was a work computer that I bought from my old company when they went out of business, they wiped it and made it so I have all the admin rights.

Below is a link to my original post:

http://malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49006&p=503363&e=503363

In addition, Trojan Scanner has identified a registry key that seems to be the problem here. this is the message I get from them:

The Windows Registry Loads the following via AppInit_DLLs:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kbdsock.dll

The file is called form the following Registry Key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\"AppInit_DLLs"

I have deleted the kbdsock.dll file from the System32 folder and after a restart, the file reappears. I didn't want to mess with the registry, but it seems like that may be a required move now.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Ryan
californiastreet

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Search Results Being Redirected - For Carolyn

Unread postby NonSuch » February 1st, 2010, 9:02 pm

This is the 72 hour bump room. Its purpose is to allow posters who have not received help with their open log topics in the Malware Removal room for 72 hours or more to post a "bump." Your circumstances do not meet that criteria.

Please follow the instructions you were given by Carolyn in her closing post in your log topic.