Good job, getting those programs updated.
Let's run a few scans to make sure there's nothing hiding somewhere...
Please read these instructions carefully before executing and then perform the steps, in the order given. lf, you have any questions or problems, executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.
Please save any items you were working on... close any open programs. You may be asked to reboot your machine.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. If needed...Tutorial w/screenshots
Alternate download sites available here or here.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
VISTA users: Right-click on mbam-setup.exe, select "Run As Administrator" to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- Problems downloading the updates? Manually download them from here and double-click on "mbam-rules.exe" to install.
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Check all items except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder... then click on Remove Selected.
We will take care of the System Volume Information items later.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
ESET NOD32 Online Scan
Note: You - will - need to use Internet Explorer for this scan!
Vista users: You will need to to right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
Please temporarily disable your Anti-virus real-time protection. If active, it could impact the online scan.
Please go to ESET Online Scanner - © ESET All Rights Reserved... to run an online scan.
** Make sure you are using an account that has Administrative privileges **
- Press the "ESET Online Scanner" button.
- Click "Start"... a window will open... it may appear nothing is happening... please be patient.
- Click Yes... at the run ActiveX prompt. Click Install... at the install ActiveX prompt.
Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
- Click "Start". Make sure that the options:
- Remove found threats is UNCHECKED
- Leave the "default" settings under Advanced as they are, if not set , please check:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click "Start"... ESET scanner will begin to download the virus signatures database.
When the signatures have been downloaded, the scan will start automatically.
- Wait for the scan to finish... it may take a while... please be patient. When the scan is finished...
- Use Notepad to open the log file located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Remember to enable your Anti-virus protection... before continuing!
You may also enable your Spybot Tea-Timer protection again.
Please include in your next reply:
- Any problem executing the instructions?
- MBAM scan results.
- ESET online scan results.
- How is the computer behaving?