Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Links get redirected,safe&normal modes don't work

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Links get redirected,safe&normal modes don't work

Unread postby vash14x » December 26th, 2009, 2:04 am

Hi everyone, here is my problem. Yesterday, I noticed that my links are being redirected after I use search engines like google and yahoo in IE and Firefox. After doing some research on internet, I tried installing Webroot Spy Sweeper which never finished installing, and then I tried Spyware Doctor 2010 which didn't work properly. I decided to go to the safe mode to deal with this "redirection of links" so I used "msnconfig" and booted up my laptop in safe mode. Then, Windows Advanced Options Menue appeared but none of the options worked. Clicking (entering) on any of those options takes me to windows logo and the "loading" bar under it and then It takes me to the same menue. After trying every option available on this menue I tried using the installation CD that came with my computer but that doesn't work well. Right now I'm stocked in the Windows Advanced Options Menue where I can't boot up windows in normal mode or safe mode. I didn't know about hijackthis until i started doing some research on internet but it's too late as I can't even get to boot up windows in either of normal or safe modes. I have a Dell XPS M140, and my OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition. I greatly appreciate any kind of help that you can offer me.Thx.
vash14x

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Links get redirected,safe&normal modes don't work

Unread postby vash14x » December 26th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Just an update and clarification. At this point no matter what I do, after restarting my laptop it takes me to the safe mode menue. However, none of the options in the safe menue works (when i click on any of options, it takes me to the same safe mode menue). However after restarting by tapping on F2 it takes me to the setup utility menue (I'm not sure if that's BIOS?). In this menue (with a blue screen) I tried changing my first and only preferences for the option "Boot Sequence" to "CD/DVD/CD-RW DRIVE" but nothing happens there whenever I put in my installation CD. Do you think If I try to reinstall XP using USB Flash drive instead of the actuall CD it would work?
*I am not worrying about losing my data since I have everything backed up on my external hard drive.
vash14x

Unread postby NonSuch » December 27th, 2009, 12:47 am

When you press F2 and access the BIOS, and you make sure that your CD/DVD optical drive is the first boot device, then usually the next step is to press F10 to save your changes and exit. (You must save your changes or they won't "stick.") Once you have done that, the system will then try to boot into Windows, which it probably will not be able to do. At that point, insert your operating system's installation CD and restart. If your CD is not damaged, your machine should automatically start the installation process, and/or you may see a screen with a blinking cursor that will read, "Press any key to boot from CD." Press any key to begin the installation, but avoid using any of the function keys... just pick one of the alpha keys.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » December 30th, 2009, 5:34 pm

As the resolution of this issue requires a reformat, and there have been no further questions raised regarding that process, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link:
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!