Good. Almost done.
Please Click on Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Remove the listed program(s) by clicking Remove
Adobe Reader 6.0.1
If some programs listed above are not in present, please do not panic and proceed to the next step.
Java is out of date.
It can be updated by the Java control panel
- Click on Start > Control Panel (Classic View) > Java (looks like a coffee cup) > Update Tab > Update Now.
- An update should begin.
- Follow the prompts.
Update Adobe Reader.
Any versions numbered lower than 9.2 should be replaced.
- Go HERE and click on AdbeRdr920_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version.
CCleaner - Clear temp.
- Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
- On the Windows tab, under Internet Explorer, uncheck Cookies if you do not want them deleted.
(If deleted, you will likely need to reenter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit).
- If you use either the Firefox or Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for Cookies is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
- Click on the Options icon at the left side of the window, then click on Advanced. Untick Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours.
- Click on the Cleaner icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
After CCleaner has completed its process, click Exit.
Kaspersky Online AV Scan
Note: Internet Explorer should be used.
Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.
- Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
- It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
- When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
- Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
- Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
- Mail databases
- Click on My Computer under Scan and then put the kettle on!
- Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
- You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
- Save this report to a convenient place like your Desktop. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
- Copy and paste the report into your next.
- Content of kaspersky log
- How is your system now? Any problem left?