Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

FireFox and IE drown my PC with Bad URL popups

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: FireFox and IE drown my PC with Bad URL popups

Unread postby wojmur » December 22nd, 2009, 6:20 pm

No, it all seems great. That you very much for your and Michael's help. I do appreciate your dedication and patience :)
wojmur

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Dakeyras » December 22nd, 2009, 6:46 pm

Hi. :)

No, it all seems great. That you very much for your and Michael's help. I do appreciate your dedication and patience :)
You're welcome!

Next:

Congratulations your computer now appears to be malware free!

Now I have some tasks for your good self to carry out as part of a clean up process and some advice about online safety.

Importance of Regular System Maintenance:

I advice you read both of the below listed topics as this will go a long way to keeping your Computer performing well.

Help! My computer is slow!

Also so is this:

What to do if your Computer is running slowly

Uninstall ComboFix:

• Click on Start >> Run...
  • Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

Clean up with OTC:

Please download OTC and save it to desktop.

This tool will remove all the tools(and logs created) we used to clean your pc. Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.

• Double-click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Now some advice for on-line safety:

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware:

This is a excellent application and I advise you keep this installed. Check for updates and run a scan once a week.

Other installed security software:

Your presently installed security application, avast! Antivirus automatically checks for updates and downloads/installs them with every system reboot and or periodically if the machine is left running providing a internet connection is active.

I advise you also run a complete scan with this also once per week.

Erunt:

Emergency Recovery Utility NT, I advice you keep this installed as a means to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.

Myself I would actually create a new back up once per week as this along with System Restore may prove to be invaluable if something unforeseen occurs!

Keep your system updated:

Microsoft releases patches for Windows and other products regularly:

Be careful when opening attachments and downloading files:

• Never open email attachments, not even if they are from someone you know. If you need to open them, scan them with your antivirus program before opening.
  • Never open emails from unknown senders.
  • Beware of emails that warn about viruses that are spreading, especially those from antivirus vendors. These email addresses can be easily spoofed. Check the antivirus vendor websites to be sure.
  • Be careful of what you download. Only download files from known sources. Also, avoid cracked programs. If you need a particular program that costs too much for you, try finding free alternatives on Sourceforge or Pricelessware.

Stop malicious scripts:

Windows by default allow scripts (which is VBScript and JavaScript) to run and some of these scripts are malicious. Use Noscript by Symantec or Script Defender by AnalogX to handle these scripts.

Avoid Peer to Peer software:

P2P may be a great way to get lots of seemingly freeware, but it is a great way to get infected as well. There's no way to tell if the file being shared is infected. Worse still, some worms spread via P2P networks, infecting you as well. My advice is to avoid these types of software applications.

Advised Optional Installation:

There is no sign of a software firewall installed on your system. Regardless if using a hardware type and or using the inbuilt Windows Service Pack 3 firewall this is a necessary application as it will also provide outbound protection where as the aforementioned do not.

I highly advise you download ONE of the following firewalls and install it. Restart the computer for changes to take effect.

This article is a excellent resource regarding the aforementioned firewalls: Understanding and Using Firewalls

Finally a educational source:

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klein:

So how did I get infected in the first place?

Some consider this article outdated, personally I still think it bares relevance and the author is well respected in the Anti-Malware community and by myself also!

Any questions, feel free to ask? If not stay safe!
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby wojmur » December 23rd, 2009, 4:36 am

All cleaned up and I'll be following your advice. Thanks again.
-Wojtek
wojmur

Unread postby Dakeyras » December 23rd, 2009, 5:06 am

OK and you are very welcome! :)
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby Dakeyras » December 24th, 2009, 8:58 am

As this topic is resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous