How are things running?
Backup the Registry:
Modifying the Registry can create unforseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.
- Start ERUNT by double clicking on the desktop icon.
- Click OK at the Welcome prompt.
- Choose a location for the backup. Note: the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\ which is acceptable.
- Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.(System registry & Current user registry)
- Click on OK
- When the Question pop-up appears click on Yes to create the folder.
- After a short duration the Registry backup is complete! popup will appear
- Now click on OK. A backup has been created.
- Double-click OTM.exe to run it.
- Paste the following code under the area. Do not include the word Code.
- Code: Select all
:Reg [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders] "SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll" [Reboot]
- Return to OTM, right click in the Paste List of Files/Folders to Move window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Push the large button.
- OTM may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar), and paste it in your next reply.
NOTE: If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
- click on start
- Click on control panel
- Double click the icon add/remove programs
- click on the program below and click Remove
- LiveUpdate 3.0 (Symantec Corporation)
WEATHERBUG - OPTIONAL Uninstall
WeatherBug is a system tray icon that offers weather information and includes built-in ads. WeatherBug is controlled by AWS Convergence Technologies (weatherbugmedia.com). There is some controversy over whether WeatherBug should be targeted by anti-parasite software. AWS strongly deny their software is 'spyware', and by the definition used here, it is not, as it does not leak information back to its controlling servers. However, WeatherBug has in the past been silently installed by the FavoriteMan parasite and Freeze.com screensavers, and more recently has been bundled by software such as AIM and Blubster. This makes it 'unsolicited', and since it is installed to raise money for its creators through the built-in ads it is certainly 'commercial'. So it does meet the definition for 'parasite': unsolicited commercial software. It is nonetheless listed as a borderline case because it is not overtly harmful and many people do install it deliberately. WeatherBug bundles the MySearch parasite in its standalone distribution and has in the past, installed Gator and SVAPlayer.
I recommend that you uninstall WeatherBugand choose one of these alternatives:
As you have mozilla Firefox then get FORECASTFOX!!!
To uninstall WeatherBug:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In Add or Remove Programs, highlight WeatherBug, click Remove.
- Close the Add or Remove Programs and the Control Panel windows.
Re-run - RSIT (Random's System Information Tool)
You should still have this program on your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
RSIT will start running. When done... ONLY the "C:\RSIT\log.txt"...will be reproduced. (it will be maximized)
- Please post ONLY the "log.txt", file contents in your next reply.
In your next reply:
- OTM log
- RSIT log.txt
- How are things running?