Hello & Welcome to Malware Removal
Please Subscribe to this Thread
to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this ensure Notify me when a reply is posted
is ticked on the POST A REPLY
page.In the meantime please note the following:
Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.
- Any recommendations made are for your computer problems only and should NOT be used on any other computer.
- Please DO NOT run any scans/tools or other fixes unless I ask you to. This is very important for several reasons. Here are just two of them:
1. The tools that we use are very powerful and can cause >>irreparable damage<< to your computer if not used correctly.
2. Commercial scanners, for the most part can not completely remove some of the more "resistant" infections. This makes it much more difficult to get rid of completely.
- If you get stuck or are unsure of something please ask for a further explanation, do not guess.
- It will require more than one round to properly clean your system. Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! even if symptoms seemingly abate.
If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave & if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have abandoned your topic.
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
from one of the following links & save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2
- Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal
- Shortly after two logs will appear, DDS.txt & Attach.txt
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
- Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner
- Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesNote: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.
To post in next reply:
Contents of DDS log
Contents of Attach.txt
Contents of Gmer log