You did a really great job in executing all my instruction and i should give credit to you for the good work you have done and the cooperation that you have given to me.
It seems to me that... you appear to be clean
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
Please take the time to tell us what you would like to be done about the people who are behind all the problems you have had. We can only get something done about this if the people that we help, like you, are prepared to complain. We have a dedicated forum for collecting these complaints Malware Complaints. You need to be registered to post as, unfortunately, we were hit with too many spam posts to allow guest posting to continue. Just find your country room and register your complaint.
1 - Delete ComboFix and Clean Up
Click Start > Run > type combofix /u > OK (Note the space between combofix and /u)
Please advise if this step is missed for any reason as it performs some important actions.
2 - OTC - Clean up
- Please download OTC.exe...by Old Timer from GeeksTo Go!
Save it to your desktop..
- Right click on OTC.exe and select Run As Administrator to run it. When Windows prompts, please allow it.
- Click on CleanUp!
- When done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so at this time.
Step 1. Create a new System Restore Point: If your not sure how to do this, you can read these tutorials:
Method for XP:
Now to get you off to a good start we will clean your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your restore points, but this is my method:
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
- On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
- Click NEXT
- Enter a name e.g. Clean
- Click CREATE
- Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
- In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
- Click OK
- The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
- Select the More Options Tab.
- At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
- Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done
Step 2. You may download some free programs, that will help improve your computer's security.
These kinds of protection programs (adware, spyware, etc...) tend to overlap in coverages.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme, is beneficial. Each individual has to decide what works best for their situation.
There are many available...here are a few you can look into, if you want.
Download Spyware Blaster 4.0
A SpywareBlaster tutorial can be found Here.
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here.
(The free version of WinPatrol...does not provide any real-time protection)
Download Firetrust SiteHound
Information of Firetrust SiteHound is available at its homepage
Step 3. Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly.
Avoid new threats that could infect your system. You can also check if any application updates are needed for your PC.
Secunia Software Inspector - Copyright 2002-2008 Secunia.
F-secure Health Check - Copyright F-Secure Corporation.
Step 4. Visit Microsoft often
Keep on top of critical updates , as well as other updates for your computer.
How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
Using Windows Update for Windows XP
Microsoft Update Home
Step 5. Read
Please check out these articles:
Tony Klein's "How did I get infected in the first place?"
How to prevent Malware:? miekiemoes - Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security .
Interesting Articles by Emsi Software